· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - NeoOffice 2.0 Alpha PowerPC Release Details
NeoOffice 2.0 Alpha PowerPC Release Details

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Development
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fabriziovenerandi
Keymaker

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 6:58 am    Post subject:

I got it, it seems se faster and a more memory muncher that the old one.
I only got 2 problems: a) neooffice 2 replaces neooffice 1.x b) there are problems in base section: strange errors, several crash, quite unastable.

A nice work, thanks pluby, now I'll try to fix all the problem I report in my powerbook. I hope there will be many donations for this release 'cause I run out of money.

f.

sheepfun
sheepfun

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 7:12 am    Post subject:

After all the discussions here: Would it be useful to let people know after a time whether or not the EAP has done what it was thought to do?

Regards, T.
sardisson
Town Crier
Town Crier

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 7:20 am    Post subject:

Let's move the discussion of potential bugs, etc., into Testing as usual. Don't forget to check Bugzilla, too, before filing new bugs; several have already been filed against 2.0.

It was my understanding that the language packs, etc., were to be available...perhaps the link is missing still?

Smokey

Oracle

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 7:21 am    Post subject:

Patrick, do you plan to send an email about NeoOffice EAP to all mailing list subscribers?
sardisson
Town Crier
Town Crier

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 7:26 am    Post subject:

val1984 wrote:
Patrick, do you plan to send an email about NeoOffice EAP to all mailing list subscribers?

Hmm, I got that last night (4 AM US EDT)... Question

Smokey

Oracle

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 7:34 am    Post subject:

sardisson wrote:
val1984 wrote:

Smokey

I didn't, sorry if it had already been sent Embarassed
fabriziovenerandi
Keymaker

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 7:44 am    Post subject:

btw it is normal that it uses english language?
Town Crier
Town Crier

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 7:47 am    Post subject:

val1984 wrote:
sardisson wrote:
val1984 wrote:

Smokey

I didn't, sorry if it had already been sent Embarassed

Sorry, I meant it seemed odd to me that you hadn't gotten it yet Sad

Maybe the list is that long that to get from a to v when sending takes many hours?

Smokey

Town Crier
Town Crier

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 7:49 am    Post subject:

fabriziovenerandi wrote:
btw it is normal that it uses english language?

The main binary is English-only now to make up for the size increase caused by Base.

The last I had heard from Patrick, the language/help packs were to be made available, but it seems the link is not up yet. Sad I'm sure when Patrick wakes up he'll fix that....

Smokey

The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 8:28 am    Post subject:

sardisson wrote:
It was my understanding that the language packs, etc., were to be available...perhaps the link is missing still?

The language packs are there but they are a bit buried. There is a link to the "NeoOffice Early Access Downloads" page just because the Early Access purchase buttons.

Edit:

I added links to the Early Access download, features and bugs, and build instructions page in the yellow box on the http://www.planamesa.com/neojava/ pages to make navigation easier.

Patrick
Samwise
Captain Naiobi

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 10:04 am    Post subject:

I guess you mean below the early access buttons.

MacUpdate and VersionTracker still list Neo 1.2.2 as the latest version for now.

Still on 1.2.2 myself - I'll have to wait until May 23 or when I can grab a credit card ...
mat
Pure-blooded Human

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 10:55 am    Post subject:

is neo2 anywhere close to being stable enough to use it?

(it may be to late for the question, since i allready paid, but i still have 7 minutes before i install it lol:)
mat
Pure-blooded Human

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 11:35 am    Post subject:

couldnt wait and installed it anyways...

seems a bit slower than 1.2.2, but otherwise ok (havent done much testing yet... just downloaded it so neo can have the money Wink
fabriziovenerandi
Keymaker

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 12:26 pm    Post subject:

writer seems me ok. I do not have tried calc. Basic seems to work fine. I try some simply draw things and I do not find problems. Base is a failure, useless, but after some test I find all the problems are coming from the Oo code. it seems me absurde that openoffice.org release a so buggy version of Base, but I have not a windows or linux version to test it, so I can not see if all the bugs are from the Oo code, or compiler problems in Oo x11 mac version (the Oo 1.1.x x11 mac version has got big compiler problems in 'base' section that other versions haven't).
The bad news (for me) is that I have to fill bugs in bugzilla *and* issuezilla and I do not know if I have time to this kind of thing.

Another feeling is about the memory: it seems to me neooffice 2 is eating more memory that the old version, but I have to do more test about this. Sure, it is real more fast opening long files in write, and this is a good news.

f.

The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 12:32 pm    Post subject:

fabriziovenerandi wrote:
Another feeling is about the memory: it seems to me neooffice 2 is eating more memory that the old version, but I have to do more test about this. Sure, it is real more fast opening long files in write, and this is a good news.

This is probably true. The size of the OOo binaries alone increased from 108 MB to 169 MB with the switch to OOo 2.0.2. OOo 2.0.2 is bigger than OOo 1.1.x. Sad

Patrick
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Development All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 6 of 8