Support
· Forums
· NeoOffice Support
· NeoWiki

Announcements
· Twitter @NeoOffice

Downloads
· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - Looking Good, or putting together a distributable clipart pk
Looking Good, or putting together a distributable clipart pk

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Development
View previous topic :: View next topic  
aussie149
The Merovingian

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 4:25 am    Post subject:

LemonAid wrote:
Philip (saving his pennies for NeoOffice 2.OH! Alpha Wink )

Oh wait - I'm getting a Tax refund. at least enough for 2.OH! grin Oh Happy Day

Hooly-dooly! I sincerely hope you are getting a better refund than that! On current petrol [gas] prices here, the cost of Alpha Neo 2 would buy you lesss than 25 litres of petrol...now that's - I think - about 6 gallons??

Peter Very Happy

PS the other big news here is that "Dizzy" Gillespie scored 200 not out as a night watchman in Bangladesh. A prize to any non-UK or non-Aussie reader who can work that one out!!
ovvldc
Captain Naiobi

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 1:24 pm    Post subject:

aussie149 wrote:
PS the other big news here is that "Dizzy" Gillespie scored 200 not out as a night watchman in Bangladesh. A prize to any non-UK or non-Aussie reader who can work that one out!!

Cricket? Two centuries?

Oscar (Dutchman, but hopes he saw enough BBC to have interpreted correctly)

aussie149
The Merovingian

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 8:31 pm    Post subject:

ovvldc wrote:
aussie149 wrote:

Cricket? Two centuries?

Oscar (Dutchman, but hopes he saw enough BBC to have interpreted correctly)

Dash it: I thought I was safe with that one! I forgot the Dutch play cricket too Laughing Yes, Jason Gillespie, known as "Dizzie", is a fast bowler. Not known for his batting, he was playing in an international cricket match between Australia and Bangladesh. Jason was put in to bat early in an innings at the end of a day's play. The thinking is, "if he gets out, it's OK, he's just a bowler". But Jason scored 201 runs without losing his wicket [201 not out], and now has a higher top score than many famous batters, including Mark and Steve Waugh, recent superstar batters.

Now I have to find a suitable prize for Oscar Wink

How many others were able to follow the explanation above? Cricket is a world of its own. No-one who hasn't grown up with it can understand why/how a game of sport can last five days and still end up as a draw.

Peter
ovvldc
Captain Naiobi

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 10:37 pm    Post subject:

aussie149 wrote:
Dash it: I thought I was safe with that one! I forgot the Dutch play cricket too Laughing

We won't. At least, very few do. But I have BBC World on during the day sometimes for a news feed and they definetely do cricket results. So I picked up some terminology. Actually I like the idea of such a long running sport. Less of the 'instant gratification' hormone action and more civility.

Maybe I should pick it up some day. Maybe after I get a black belt (say, 6 years from now).

Best wishes,
Oscar

val1984
Oracle

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 4:58 am    Post subject:

There is an alternative to Package Maker : Iceberg. I've never used it but one of my relatives says it's much easier to use than PackageMaker.
sardisson
Town Crier
Town Crier

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 1:52 pm    Post subject:

val1984 wrote:
There is an alternative to Package Maker : Iceberg. I've never used it but one of my relatives says it's much easier to use than PackageMaker.

That's like saying NeoOffice is much freer than MS Office--a huge understatement Smile

Actually, PackageMaker is not hard to use; it has some "adequate" documentation, but the hard part is building your package correctly, which the docs don't cover Evil or Very Mad The worst thing about PackageMaker is that it makes it look so easy, so people who believe it's that easy end up making packages that fubar your permissions.....

I've heard good things about Iceberg, too, but I've never tried it.

Smokey

Oracle

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 2:23 pm    Post subject:

sardisson wrote:
That's like saying NeoOffice is much freer than MS Office--a huge understatement Smile

Sorry, my english is not that good Embarassed Razz
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Development All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6