Downloads
· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - Off on retreat'n'things for a fortnight
Off on retreat'n'things for a fortnight

NeoOffice Forum Index -> Vacation Notices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yoxi
Cipher

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 3:51 am    Post subject: Off on retreat'n'things for a fortnight

I'm away to Norfolk for a week on retreat at Padmaloka, the buddhist retreat centre I used to live at for a few years (at bloomin' last! I haven't had a proper break for a looong time) - then 5 days on an introduction to psychosynthesis counselling training (oy weh - that'll be intense...) - and I've just got a new job (starting in July) as the Web Sales Manager for windhorse:evolution, a trying-to-be-as-ethical-as-it-can giftware importer with a mostly buddhist workforce in Cambridge, UK. It's all happening, in a happening-is-not-happening sort of way Smile

May your alphas not become omegas...

- Padmavyuha
LemonAid
The Anomaly

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 12:56 pm    Post subject:

Have a GREAT retreat! Laughing

and thank you for this company information. As my Wife is a buddhist and I'm a taoist this looks like a good company to find products at. I appreciate finding good companies.

Best of luck in ALL your efforts.

Philip (That was Zen, This is Tao Wink )
sardisson
Town Crier
Town Crier

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 1:55 am    Post subject:

LemonAid wrote:
Have a GREAT retreat!

Ditto from me Smile

Smokey

Cipher

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 8:03 am    Post subject:

Thanks, gents...

Yes, back now and both the retreat and the psychosynthesis intro course were very valuable. It was great to spend a week in my old home, it's beautiful in May, as it's near a nature reserve and all that - and not many mosquitos in May! I've come back with a new thing to keep reminding myself, which is (rough translation): "Just as cotton is blown about by the winds, let yourself be blown along by your love of the teaching..." which means I need to lose weight, spiritually speaking Wink

As for the psychosynthesis course, I'm very happy with the place and the people, and what they're teaching - especially their "This is just a model, it's not a religion" approach. A very pragmatic approach to the integration of the spiritual dimension in psychotherapy, which is missing from most therapeutic models (i.e. it's not just about mending old damage - if you're unhappy it may be to do with your current relationship with the people/world about you, or with frustrated potential to evolve). So... this is definitely me committing myself to 4 days a month for the next 3 years to train as a counsellor, ye gods...

Now I'm gearing up for my new job, though *right* now I'm laid out with some kind of virus that gave me delirium, shakes and neck lumps since last night (no alcohol involved Cool)

- padmavyuha x
OPENSTEP
The One
The One

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 5:08 pm    Post subject:

Erf...sorry to hear about the virus, though I'm glad that you really enjoyed the retreat. I just got back from a backpacking trip through Canyonlands myself and thankfully haven't come back with anything but a bit of a sunburn (which is lucky considering mice there may carry plague...).

ed
LemonAid
The Anomaly

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 10:13 pm    Post subject:

Welcome back, Glad your time was interesting, and enlightening! Wink

As said in "The Tao of Pooh" (my hero grin) - Effortless Wandering is something to be desired. I think it's called "Walk About" down under. Laughing As for me, I think my call to lose weight is more like "Empty the cup to make room for more" (wildly ruff translation Shocked )

It's so hard to do the simple things in life - funny that. Took me several years to realize what " The Sage does no great things" meant. DOH!!

Psychosynthesis sounds very interesting. Let us know how this journey goes.

Sorry about the ... bug/virus/etc. BUT, Best of luck with your new JOB!!

Philip (Hoping to learn from "The Tao of Pooh" Wink )
yoxi
Cipher

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 3:29 am    Post subject:

LemonAid wrote:
"The Sage does no great things"

As Groucho said, "Thyme wounds all heels..." - oh, and myself I'm working on "effortless wondering" - too much certainty turns my feathers into lead Smile
OPENSTEP
The One
The One

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 8:28 am    Post subject:

Well, based on your recommendation, I tried putting some thyme on my blisters this morning but it didn't work Wink Too much walk about for me, esp. in new boots.

Psychosynthesis does sound very interesting and sounds like it's emphasizing self-awareness. "Know thyself" is a great dictum. It's also really nifty to see an approach that doesn't seem to deny the utility of the more visceral aspects of our nature (at least in my own shoddy online research...please correct if I'm wrong). Very interesting stuff.

ed
sardisson
Town Crier
Town Crier

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 12:59 am    Post subject:

Good to have you back refreshed and rejuvenated (well, except for that terrible-sounding virus--it almost sounds like being forced to run Windows Wink )

Hope you're feeling better soon Smile

Smokey

NeoOffice Forum Index -> Vacation Notices All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1