Downloads
· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - NeoOffice/J 0.8 patch available for testing
NeoOffice/J 0.8 patch available for testing

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Testing
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Woody1234

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2004 9:33 pm    Post subject: Patch 4 Testing Results

1. If you have only 1 monitor and then, while NeoJ is running, you add a second monitor, can you move a NeoJ window to the second monitor and do menus and full screen mode show properly in the second monitor?

I started NeoOffice with 1 monitor then I plugged in the second monitor and dragged NeoOffice in to the second Monitor. The menus appeared properly within the second menu. I then ran the presentation which then started the presentation in Full Screen mode in the 1st monitor not the 2nd.

2. If you have 2 monitors and then, while NeoJ is running, you disconnect the second monitor, do menus and full screen mode show properly in the first monitor?

I then removed the second monitor NeoOffice was relocated automatically to the 1st monitor and menus functioned correctly. I then ran Full Scrren Pres and it work properly.

Let me know what else I can test ....
You can also reach me at: wade dot little at sbcglobal dot net
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2004 11:03 am    Post subject:

All,

I have posted "patch-5" for NeoOffice/J 0.8. This patch fixes the multi-monitor bug that Woody1234 found where a full-screen presentation always displays in the first montor even when the presentation document is in a different. With this patch, the full-screen presentation should appear in the same monitor as the presentation document.

Also, I was really bored so I spent a day and implemented OOo's OpenGL support. You can test this by inserting and editing 3D shapes in a presentation or drawing document.

I am still planning on releasing a NeoOffice/J 0.8.1 release once I integrate Smokey's icons into the installer so let me know if you find any bugs in this patch.

If you are interested in testing the new patch, you can download the lastest patch binaries and install them in an existing NeoOffice/J 0.8 installation using the following steps.

- If you have not already installed NeoOffice/J 0.8, download and install it from:
http://www.planamesa.com/neojava/download.php
- Download the latest patch binaries from:
http://www.planamesa.com/neojava/downloads/temp/NeoOfficeJ-0.8-patch-5.tar.gz
- Open a new terminal and execute the following commands to unzip the file:
Code:
cd <NeoJ installation directory>/NeoOfficeJ.app
sudo tar zxvf <path to downloaded *.tar.gz file>

The patch is 999385 bytes in size.

Patrick
jimlaurent
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2004 4:31 pm    Post subject:

Patrick,

Any chance that you can implement "text drag" within a document and then call it 0.9?

Jim
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2004 5:12 pm    Post subject:

Sorry, but drag-and-drop is at least as much effort as implementing copy and paste. Either I implement drag-and-drop or go work a contracting gig and replenish my bank account.

Patrick
jakeOSX
Ninja
Ninja

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2004 6:28 pm    Post subject:

well, then perhaps we should try to out bid your contract... =)

-j
amake
Sentinel

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2004 10:05 pm    Post subject:

One thing I'd like to see is support for scroll wheels.

pluby, why don't you set up a PayPal donation thingy? I was looking for a way to contribute some cash to Neo/J a couple weeks ago but couldn't find anything, so I gave it to OO.o instead.
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2004 7:23 am    Post subject:

Amake,

I keep thinking about setting up the PayPal thing, but then I put it off after I "fix just one more bug". Smile

A friend of mine was saying the same thing to me just yesterday so I will probably get something set up after I push out the NeoJ 0.8.1 release.

BTW, the scroll wheel does not work because Java 1.3.1 does not have scroll wheel support. Java just ignores them and never passes mouse scroll events to my application code.

Patrick
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2004 12:40 pm    Post subject:

All,

I have posted "patch-6" for NeoOffice/J 0.8. This patch is "patch-5" plus a fix for the Command-key problem reported the following forum topic:

http://trinity.neooffice.org/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=368

BTW, Smokey's icons are now integrated into the installer and they really look nice but they aren't in this patch since you need the installer to update the icons.

If you are interested in testing the new patch, you can download the lastest patch binaries and install them in an existing NeoOffice/J 0.8 installation using the following steps.

- If you have not already installed NeoOffice/J 0.8, download and install it from:
http://www.planamesa.com/neojava/download.php
- Download the latest patch binaries from:
http://www.planamesa.com/neojava/downloads/temp/NeoOfficeJ-0.8-patch-6.tar.gz
- Open a new terminal and execute the following commands to unzip the file:
Code:
cd <NeoJ installation directory>/NeoOfficeJ.app
sudo tar zxvf <path to downloaded *.tar.gz file>

The patch is 999419 bytes in size.

Patrick
jimlaurent
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2004 12:41 pm    Post subject:

pluby wrote:
Sorry, but drag-and-drop is at least as much effort as implementing copy and paste. Either I implement drag-and-drop or go work a contracting gig and replenish my bank account.

Patrick

Ahhh... Cmon! What's another long weekend with too much caffeine and too little sleep?

We know you can do it!

Jim.
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2004 12:52 pm    Post subject:

jimlaurent wrote:
Ahhh... Cmon! What's another long weekend with too much caffeine and too little sleep?

We know you can do it!

Not to complain, but I think many people don't realize how much time NeoJ development takes. I pretty much spend about 60 hours a week, every week, on this project. All of this time is funded by my own savings.

For example, the bug fixes that are in "patch-1" through "patch-6" were developed over three solid weeks of time (i.e. about 180 hours). Copy and paste required 5 solid weeks of time (i.e. about 300 hours).

I know that there is this image of open-source development happening on nights and weekends, but this just isn't the case with NeoJ or OpenOffice.org in general. If I had tried to develop NeoJ while I was working full-time (which happened when I had a consulting gig last summer), we would still be back at the NeoJ 0.0.1 release.

Patrick
jakeOSX
Ninja
Ninja

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2004 2:13 pm    Post subject:

Patrick,

I do hope you realize how greatful we are for all your work and for Neo/J.

And if there is anything I/we can do, just let us know. And set up the paypal thing, or an Amazon wishlist, or whatever you prefer.

-jacob

p.s. post #2004, lucky post, lucky year
jimlaurent
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2004 2:48 pm    Post subject:

pluby wrote:

For example, the bug fixes that are in "patch-1" through "patch-6" were developed over three solid weeks of time (i.e. about 180 hours). Copy and paste required 5 solid weeks of time (i.e. about 300 hours).

Patrick

And you do it because:

a) Your code-slinging makes your wife hot for you.
b) You have a strong desire to make your fellow man Microsoft free
c) You hope the next freeware project will pay twice as much.
d) God uses a Mac and will reward you in heaven someday.
Woody1234

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2004 4:21 pm    Post subject:

I have tested the new patch and can verify that it now displays fullscreen presentations in the correct window that Neo is in. The only thing that I noticed is that if I click in the window that neo is not in and then go back to the full screen presenation it displays the desktop for a quick instant in front of the presenation.

Great Job...get Paypal setup and I will also contribute!

Hey if we wanted to get the icons can I redownload the 0.8 and install NeoOffice/J again to get them? I would love icons!
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2004 4:54 pm    Post subject:

Woody1234 wrote:
The only thing that I noticed is that if I click in the window that neo is not in and then go back to the full screen presenation it displays the desktop for a quick instant in front of the presenation.

This is actually done on purpose. The OpenOffice.org code gets really confused if you do stuff in a document window while a full screen presentation is running so I always force focus back to the full screen presentation.

Woody1234 wrote:
Hey if we wanted to get the icons can I redownload the 0.8 and install NeoOffice/J again to get them? I would love icons!

I have found no way to put them in a patch. Even rebooting will not cause any icon changes to show up in the Finder. Instead, I had to keep running the installer build and install NeoJ until I got all of the changes correct.

Patrick
Woody1234

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2004 10:59 pm    Post subject:

So can I download and re-install to get the icons...can you share? I am really excited about having icons!!!!

Place the download up even temp so I can beta test the icons...come on!

haha

Wink
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Testing All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3