strange menu behavior

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Testing
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jakeOSX
Ninja
Ninja

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2004 6:34 pm    Post subject: strange menu behavior

Patrick

The powermac has a version of Neo/J which started at 0.7 and went patch wise to 0.8. I've never seen this on the powermac.

the iBook has 0.8 downloaded fresh and installed on 10.2.8. Recently, when i start it up the word 'NeoOffice' and the apple on the menu won't appear until i click on the bar itself. then they appear and stay there like normal.

i don't think this happened when i first installed it. i recently installed oo.o/x11 1.0.3 and then oo.o 1.1 as well, just in case that may have some cause in this.

then again, it could just be me. =)

-j
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2004 7:45 pm    Post subject:

Jake,

Are there any messages in Console.app? Java creates the menu and Java being Carbon-based, I have seen NeoJ on rare occasions get stuck in the background.

BTW, do you have "patch-5" for NeoJ 0.8 installed? The early patches had a reworking of the event dispatching to prevent some other bugs and I wonder if they are related.

Patrick
jakeOSX
Ninja
Ninja

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2004 8:08 pm    Post subject:

the version i have is just the 0.8 install, no patches. I checked the consul and didn't see anything that looked like it was in reference to neo/j. i did open and close the prog a few times but nothing came up in the consul.

i did notice something, however. If i quit using the osx menu, about half the time the program crashes rather than quits. if i use the neo menu it quits just fine.
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2004 9:02 pm    Post subject:

The crashing leads me to believe that this might be related to the event dispatching problems that I fixed in the early NeoJ 0.8 patches (the mouse-click bug was a particularly nasty one).

Can you install "patch-5" and see if this problem still occurs?

Patrick
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Testing All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1