Support
· Forums
· NeoOffice Support
· NeoWiki

Announcements
· Twitter @NeoOffice

Downloads
· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - cmd-keys not working (HTML source view)
cmd-keys not working (HTML source view)

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Testing
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sardisson
Town Crier
Town Crier

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2004 10:16 pm    Post subject: cmd-keys not working (HTML source view)

I meant to post this the other day, but I wanted to double-check first--and see if it persisted in patch-4 and patch-5.

Cmd-key combos (cmd-a, cmd-s, etc.) don't work in HTML source view; instead, the appropriate letter appears in the source at the insertion point.

On a semi-related issue, cmd-w does not close a help window. Is it supposed to? Help gets displayed as a real window with the red-yellow-green widgets. I notice cmd-m to minimize isn't implemented in NeoJ at all, so maybe cmd-w is not supposed to work?

Smokey

Edit: Should things like this get posted here, entered in Bugzilla, or both? I'm new to this whole managed bug-reporting thing.... I have another, unrelated, bug/issue once I know where to put it.
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2004 12:30 pm    Post subject:

Smokey,

Good catch. This was a really subtle bug. There are some little nuances in teh OpenOffice.org code regarding Command-key events. Basically, NeoJ converts all Command-key events into Ctrl-key events since that is what the OpenOffice.org code expects.

The bug was that the OpenOffice.org code expects an additional conversion step: Ctrl-a through Ctrl-} need to be converted to ASCII characters 1 through 29. Sometimes it worked without this additional conversion step, but sometimes it did not.

I will post "patch-6" in the other patch testing forum topic in a few minutes.

BTW, I do prefer bugs being reported in Bugzilla as it makes it a lot easier to remember what fixes are needed. When more than two or three issues are pending, I start to lose track of them when they aren't in Bugzilla.

Patrick

Edit: what is Command-M supposed to do? I found no documentation of this key combination in the online help and its equivalent, Ctrl-M, does nothing in OpenOffice.org X11 1.0.3.
sardisson
Town Crier
Town Crier

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2004 1:58 pm    Post subject:

pluby wrote:
BTW, I do prefer bugs being reported in Bugzilla as it makes it a lot easier to remember what fixes are needed. When more than two or three issues are pending, I start to lose track of them when they aren't in Bugzilla.

Will do.

pluby wrote:
Edit: what is Command-M supposed to do? I found no documentation of this key combination in the online help and its equivalent, Ctrl-M, does nothing in OpenOffice.org X11 1.0.3.

It's the Mac OS X shortcut for minimizing a window. I thought since cmd-h to hide an app worked, and cmd-w to close a window, etc., worked, so would cmd-m. I guess I was confusing things--cmd-w likely works because it is an analogue of a native OOo command, and cmd-h is a "universal" application thing (it shows up under the [OS-generated?] Application [Neo/J] menu. But cmd-m is neither universal nor analogous.
sardisson
Town Crier
Town Crier

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2004 2:07 pm    Post subject:

Patrick,

The cmd keys work in HTML source mode now.

I wasn't clear as to whether you fixed (or intended to fix) the cmd-w not acting on the Help windows, though. If you did intend to fix it, I still am unable to close help windows without clicking on the red widget.
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2004 2:14 pm    Post subject:

Ctrl-W does not close help windows in the OOo X11 version so this seems to be either an OOo 1.0.3 bug or feature which means that, in either case, you're stuck with feature.

Patrick
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Testing All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1