· Twitter @NeoOffice

Downloads
· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - OO with users on a LDAP-Server
OO with users on a LDAP-Server

NeoOffice Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org MacOS X X11 Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
matthiasmm

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2004 4:19 am    Post subject: OO with users on a LDAP-Server

Hi,

I'm trying to use OO 1.0.3 on a 450 MHZ G4 with MacOS X.3.2. When I use the local admin account to login to my mac, there is no problem, and I can use OO.
But when I use an account from my LDAP-server, with home-directory at the server, I get the following error:

befor x11 server is starting a message appears: "couldn't find openOffice.org."

I tried an other OO-Launcher, I tried to start from the terminal, always the same error. Also formating and reinsallation as a LDAP-server user doesn't change anything. And as local admin there is always no problem.

hope anybody could help.

thanks a lot.

matthias
OPENSTEP
The One
The One

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2004 11:55 am    Post subject:

There are definitely problems with multiple users and OOo 1.0.3. There are a number of special files in your home directory that are used for OOo to run, such as the ".sversionrc" file. Even when these files are properly created, the multiple user support in the default OOo 1.0.3 is flaky at best.

Are you trying to do a large network install, and are you comfortable admining things on unix-like systems? If so using an X11 based installer with the "setup -net" method of install may be your best bet. Granted, you'll still need to run an installer for each user account and will either need to roll a custom script or instruct users on how to do it. That's the bogus thing about how OOo handles multiple users on other platforms Evil or Very Mad I'm trying to update our config file processing for 1.1 so it's all transparent to the user like any other well-behaved Mac program.

ed
matthiasmm

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2004 2:38 am    Post subject:

Hi,

thanks for answer.
I tried the normal insaller (Mac Os X damage) with "setup -net" but no change. maybe you can give me a link, where i could download a version, where i can use this option??
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org MacOS X X11 Support All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1