Support
· Forums
· NeoOffice Support
· NeoWiki

Announcements
· Twitter @NeoOffice

Downloads
· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - Default style preserved?
Default style preserved?

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Testing
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sardisson
Town Crier
Town Crier

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2004 11:15 pm    Post subject: Default style preserved?

I'm not sure whether this is a bug--and, if so, whether it's a NeoJ or underlying OOo one--or whether I don't understand how it's supposed to work, but....

Changes to the Default style (character, page, etc., in Writer, Calc) don't seem to be preserved through quitting/relaunching NeoJ. (They do, however, seem to be saved with a particular document if I change them while the document is the active one.)

If I understand correctly, changing the Default style is the (only?) way to set "default" margins, document fonts, font sizes, etc.--i.e., most document settings, aside from the one or two that appear in the Options settings.

Am I confused on the expected behavior or appropriate way to change these settings?
asxless
Agent

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2004 8:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Default style preserved?

sardisson wrote:
...If I understand correctly, changing the Default style is the (only?) way to set "default" margins, document fonts, font sizes, etc.--i.e., most document settings, aside from the one or two that appear in the Options settings. ...
I build templates for each 'module' with contain ALL of the defaults that I want: fonts, margins, page sizes/orientations, styles, etc. Every new document I crete has these defaults.

You can easily build a template by opening a new document, setting all the defaults you want and save it via the File/Templates/Save dialog. Once saved you use File/Templates/ Organize to establish your template as the default. Here is the only tricky part... you locate your template using the dialog and then Control Click on it to get a contextual pop-up that allows you the option to use it as the default.

BTW there may be an easier (or more obvious) way to se the defualt but I never found it. And yes this works in OOo X11 and NeoJ

-- asxless
sardisson
Town Crier
Town Crier

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2004 9:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Default style preserved?

asxless wrote:
I build templates for each 'module' with contain ALL of the defaults that I want: fonts, margins, page sizes/orientations, styles, etc. Every new document I crete has these defaults.

Thanks, asxless--and for explaining the convoluted process!

Quote:
BTW there may be an easier (or more obvious) way to se the defualt but I never found it.

StarDivision/Sun sure made some interesting design decisions along the way <g>

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2004 6:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Default style preserved?

sardisson wrote:
Thanks, asxless--and for explaining the convoluted process!
No worries mate! I owed you one (at least) for clarifying my Symbol/Dingbats entry misconception with Cocoa apps (and hence NeoJ).

BTW I recycled that OS X 10.2.8 install partition today. I used it as a firewire boot partition to allow me to backup my wife's PowerMac's boot volume using Apple's command line ASR (Apple Software Restore). So my weekend 'debugging' the NeoJ Symbol/Dingbats keyboard entry misconception wasn't completely wasted Wink

-- asxless
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Testing All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1