· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - NeoJ 0.8.1 bandwidth spike, round 2
NeoJ 0.8.1 bandwidth spike, round 2

NeoOffice Forum Index -> Mirrors
View previous topic :: View next topic  
OPENSTEP
The One
The One

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2004 9:49 am    Post subject: NeoJ 0.8.1 bandwidth spike, round 2

(quick note as I have to go ream a dealer a new a**hole regarding damaging my new car)

MacBidouille has just discovered NeoJ 0.8.1:

http://www.macbidouille.com/niouzcontenu.php?date=2004-03-04#7990

The main server's been getting significant traffic (1000 hits + per hour). Anyone mirroring NeoJ 0.8.1 binaries should expect a bandwidth spike.

Although my French is rusty, it's a good review! Go Patrick! Smile

ed
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2004 10:19 am    Post subject:

Both I and the French mirror noticed the bid spike early this morning (California time). I had to severely restrict the number of simultaneous connections because my ISP was getting very mad at me for hogging all of their bandwidth.

Patrick
lga

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2004 10:55 am    Post subject:

I noticed the article this morning (Paris time). MacBidouille is quite widely read. You should follow up with a call for help in development there, who knows...
schlesi
Oracle

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2004 11:43 am    Post subject:

And Ed should follow up with a call for NeoOffice developers, too Wink

Thomas
ewok

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2004 12:06 pm    Post subject:

Hi,
I'm in charge of Macbidouille.com, if you need a miroring service for that contact me: ewok < -a t- > macbidouille.com.

Regards,
Eric
OPENSTEP
The One
The One

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2004 8:23 pm    Post subject:

Thanks for the offer Smile Patrick...what're your thoughts on mirroring? I'm sure the poor French mirror could use some help in serving up these binaries, not to mention your own! The fundamental problem is that we're pure volunteer and don't have the bandwidth resources to satisfy the user demand for NeoJ 0.8.1 dimages. Perhaps this will finally kick me in the rear and figure out how to set up our torrents.

FWIW the traffic's subsided on the main servers from this morning's onslaught. I'll keep everyone informed as to any changes in bandwidth.

ed
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2004 11:48 pm    Post subject:

Both I and Vincent at the French mirror have been talking to Eric today and have given him instructions for setting up a mirror. The big problem has been that downloading a copy of the binary to Eric's site has been difficult due to the huge download volume at my site and the French mirror.

BTW, if anyone wants to set up a NeoJ 0.8.1 mirror, it is very easy. The key is just need bandwidth since the binary is so large. If you want to really help NeoJ, setting up a mirror is the most important thing that NeoJ needs right now.

More developers is nice, but if there are no mirrors to handle the download demand, no one can really use any development effort that we might put in.

Patrick
schlum_macbidouille

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2004 4:18 am    Post subject: bittorrent

I put a bittorrent file on an important mac tracker...
--> http://perso.wanadoo.fr/schlum/NeoOfficeJ-0.8.1.dmg.torrent
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> Mirrors All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1