NeoOffice :: View topic - Build issues on 10.2
Build issues on 10.2

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Development
View previous topic :: View next topic  
OPENSTEP
The One
The One

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2003 5:17 pm    Post subject: Build issues on 10.2

Hey there! I know 10.1 is the recommended environment for NeoJ builds but wanted to see if folks have built successfully on 10.2 (as is for OOo X11 builds...Neo/Cocoa will be shifting to 10.3, but more to follow later).

Right now I'm getting a failure, I think right before building the final package step:

Code:

touch "build.neo_instsetoo_patch"
touch "build.neo_patches"
chmod -Rf u+rw "install"
chmod: install: No such file or directory
make: *** [build.package] Error 1

It successfully completed building all of the NeoJ libraries and attempted to assemble the NeoJ install directory (?) with the

Code:

zip -j -5 "../unxmacxp.pro/49,01,39,34,33,31,45,46,03,81,86,88,07,48,96,30,90,82/normal/f_1368"

commands.

Machine is running 10.2.6, Dec. 2001 development tools on gcc 2. Any ideas or pointers to where I should look to patch together the package manually?

I got a new hard drive today so am busy trying to set it up with 10.1/2/3 partitions Smile

ed
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2003 1:07 am    Post subject:

Ed,

This is my error. I should be checking that a directory exists before chmod'ing it. I added this line when I already had an "install" directory left over from a previous build.

Anyway, try replace the first line in the "build.package" target with the following line. If it works, I will include it in my next checkin Sunday morning:

Code:
if ( -d "$(INSTALL_HOME)" ) chmod -Rf u+rw "$(INSTALL_HOME)"

Patrick
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2003 12:26 pm    Post subject:

Ed,

I committed some fixes to the build. Check out http://trinity.neooffice.org/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=42 for how to update a rebuild without rebuilding all of OOo.

Let me know if you find any more build problems.

Patrick
OPENSTEP
The One
The One

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2003 5:49 pm    Post subject:

Got the new checkout and 's going through Smile It got up to the point where I forgot to connect to an X server (man, still creeps me out how you got that full headless setup) so I think I'm again in love with the world. Now I just gotta get that second drive up and running since I'm out of disk space...sigh....

ed
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2003 8:02 pm    Post subject:

Ed,

Can you check that you have version 1.27 of neojava/makefile? I checked this file and a file in neojava/vcl just before you posted this message. In the neojava/makefile file, I changed the build.package target so that it deleteds OOo's cached binary registry files. Editing these files in the installer has proved very fussy and error prone, so now I no longer ship them and I have NeoJ just read the XML registry files instead. A little slower, but at least NeoJ won't hang in the splash screen!

BTW, if you want to free up some disk, you can go delete everything in neojava/instsetoo/unxmacxp.pro.oo. This directory is the output of the OOo build (18 installers for 18 languages!) and is not used. The build merely moves the OOo output to a unxmaxcp.pro.oo directory in case you want to look at it.

Patrick
OPENSTEP
The One
The One

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2003 10:40 pm    Post subject:

Yup I did in fact get 1.27 Smile In the Neo and OOo installers I also remove the binary caches since I had issues with them. I just edited the XML and let first-launch of OOo regenerate those binary caches. It does seem to be kind of against the spirit of using XML if you wind up really storing everything in cached intermediate language instead of parsing the XML each time. I'd be curious to see where the performance hit really is...if it's in the parser itself or some other code bottleneck. Man, I can't wait to run Neo & NeoJ through the new Shark tools in 10.3 and see just where all that time is being sucked into. The "preloading" of shared libraries into memory with sequential memory page-ins at startup seems like a cop out to me Wink

ed
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Development All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1