Downloads
· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - Double paste in text documents with CopyPaste
Double paste in text documents with CopyPaste

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Testing
View previous topic :: View next topic  
steve
Red Pill

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2004 7:28 am    Post subject: Double paste in text documents with CopyPaste

When pasting in NeoOffice/J 0.8 or 0.8.1 text documents, Copyaste 1.6 or 2.0b (by Script Software) pastes twice the clipboar content, the first pressing V, the second releasing the Command-key. I don't know if this is a CopyPaste or a NeoOffice problem. When CopyPaste is not running, pasting works correctly.
I posted this bug in the CopyPaste forum too.
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2004 8:50 am    Post subject:

Since copy and paste works correctly when the CopyPaste software is not running, this sounds like a bug in the CopyPaste software.

Patrick

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2004 7:47 am    Post subject:

pluby wrote:
Since copy and paste works correctly when the CopyPaste software is not running, this sounds like a bug in the CopyPaste software.

Patrick

This is my opinion too, but the reason why I posted this bug in this forum is that it happens only in text documents, not in spreadsheets or presentations.
Anyway, let's wait for a reply on the ScriptSoftware bug list.
Steve
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2004 9:02 am    Post subject:

Interesting. Does the behavior occur with "patch-4" installed? I fixed a "double-click" problem in the word processor and I wonder if they are related.

If you don't have "patch-4", check out the download installation instructions in this forum topic: http://trinity.neooffice.org/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=382.

Patrick
steve
Red Pill

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2004 6:54 am    Post subject:

pluby wrote:
Interesting. Does the behavior occur with "patch-4" installed?
Patrick

Dear Patrick, I installed the patch-4. The problem persists. It has a non constant behaviour: in a new document, the firt paste is ok (not always), next pastes are double. And in some occasions, the paste is a "v" followed by clipboard content.
This happens both in text and presentation documents, as I verified more accurately. Not in spreadsheet, nor in drawing. I'm using Mac OS X 10.2.8.

The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2004 6:08 pm    Post subject:

I downloaded ClickPaste-X Pro 2.0 and I can replicate this behavior. The second paste appears to be triggered upon release of the Command key when there is a delay between release of the V key and release of the Command key.

I'll post an update if I find any more details.

Patrick
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2004 8:02 pm    Post subject:

I think that I have fixed this problem. Please see if "patch-5" fixes the problem for you. "patch-5" download and installation instructions are at the end of the following forum topic:

http://trinity.neooffice.org/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=382

Patrick
steve
Red Pill

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2004 6:18 am    Post subject:

pluby wrote:
I think that I have fixed this problem. Please see if "patch-5" fixes the problem for you. "patch-5" download and installation instructions are at the end of the following forum topic:

http://trinity.neooffice.org/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=382

Patrick

YES! The problem is fixed. Thanks a lot.

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Testing All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1