NeoOffice :: View topic - German NeoWiki
German NeoWiki

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoWiki and Website Development
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Yessica
Blue Pill

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 7:58 am    Post subject: German NeoWiki

Hi,

I just switched from AppleWorks to NeoOffice and I'm already a great fan. That's why I'd like to help. Since I'm not a programmer, I'd like to write the German translation for the NeoWiki. Where do I start? Cool

Yessica
sardisson
Town Crier
Town Crier

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 8:30 am    Post subject: Re: German NeoWiki

Yessica wrote:
I'd like to write the German translation for the NeoWiki. Where do I start? Cool

Here Smile

If you have any questions, just post; it should be a fairly comprehensive guide, but I think it hasn't been updated to reflect that the Main Pages are now template-driven instead of a single page....

Edit: I've now updated the above-linked Guide to include info about the templatized Main Page, our "new" system for naming translated templates (the one val1984 used makes more sense), and the deprecated system which will remain in use for some templates until we have time to update every page using those templates Sad

We've been wanting a German translation of the wiki for some time, but no one's ever followed through once contacting us....

Smokey

Last edited by sardisson on Mon Jan 23, 2006 9:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
jakeOSX
Ninja
Ninja

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 8:52 am    Post subject:

send me a pm and i'll set up a wiki account for you. basically we would parrellel the french wiki set up for the german.

-j
sardisson
Town Crier
Town Crier

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 8:52 pm    Post subject:

Yessica has been busy lately, and I'm happy to say we now have a German translation of the wiki (at least the initial parts of it)!

Danke!

Smokey

Captain Naiobi

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 1:06 am    Post subject:

sardisson wrote:
Yessica has been busy lately, and I'm happy to say we now have a German translation of the wiki (at least the initial parts of it)!

Danke schön! This sort of work is very important to the usability of Neooffice, even if it does not make the front page (literally, other than a tiny link).

jakeOSX
Ninja
Ninja

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 9:40 am    Post subject:

as we get more languages we should get the wiki links for appropriate languages set up on the planamesa site. (and if you submit to any specific language sites, then use those too...)
Glenner
Oracle

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 10:16 am    Post subject:

Yessica, well done! Something I should have got involved in myself but you did it!

Thanks for that,

Martin
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 10:26 am    Post subject:

jakeOSX wrote:
as we get more languages we should get the wiki links for appropriate languages set up on the planamesa site. (and if you submit to any specific language sites, then use those too...)

Done. I just changed the links in the German and French pages at www.planamesa.com/neojava to point to the German and French NeoWiki pages.

Patrick
jakeOSX
Ninja
Ninja

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 7:36 am    Post subject:

I just wanted to thank Yessica for working on the German part of the Wiki!!!
Orgleser
sheepfun
sheepfun

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 8:18 am    Post subject:

Yessica, thank you!
Glenner, Yessica - so you are germans too?
what is your opinion to the UG thread, especially the idea of german support? http://trinity.neooffice.org/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=766

Thomas

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 11:53 am    Post subject:

Orgleser wrote:
Yessica, thank you!
Glenner, Yessica - so you are germans too?
what is your opinion to the UG thread, especially the idea of german support? http://trinity.neooffice.org/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=766

Aye, natürlich, although a bit out of practice. I have no strong view on this. I am quite happy to respond in German if anybody posts in German in one of the forums. (I should say that I am not a programming person but predominantly a word processing user) However, if the general consensus should be to continue with the status quo (i.e. no UG) it might be appropriate to have a message up front in German/other languages that postings in these languages will receive attention.
Glenner
Oracle

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 1:02 pm    Post subject:

Oops! Not loged in-the above is from me.

Martin
sardisson
Town Crier
Town Crier

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 2:52 am    Post subject: Updating the German Wiki

The German wiki was translated more recently than the French wiki, so it's in fairly good shape.

However, in preparation for the public release of Aqua Beta, it would be very nice if the following pages were updated or translated:

1) http://neowiki.sixthcrusade.com/index.php/De:NeoOffice (this should probably only need a few changes, perhaps even only the ones I made today)
2) A German translation of http://neowiki.sixthcrusade.com/index.php/NeoOffice_Feature_Comparison (the old one was from Neo 1.2; I earlier renamed it to indicate that, but today I pointed the link to the English page)
3) http://neowiki.sixthcrusade.com/index.php/De:NeoOffice_et_Aqua (needs an update; in pretty good shape but some changes still missing)

4) It would be great to get http://neowiki.sixthcrusade.com/index.php/De:NeoOffice_Support completely translated (a few of those FAQ answers are not translated yet Sad )

There are a few other pages out there which are out-of-date, but these are the big ones we should try to have "fixed"....

I wish I could help more with the actual work myself, but my German is really non-existant Sad

Danke!
Smokey

Oracle

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 3:01 am    Post subject: Wiki translations into German

I could do some translation into German over the weekend - could you create an account for me, please?

Preferred username: doctype
Email: martin dot stricker at gmail dot com

Martin
sardisson
Town Crier
Town Crier

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 3:14 am    Post subject: Re: Wiki translations into German

doctype wrote:
I could do some translation into German over the weekend - could you create an account for me, please?

Danke! Your account has been created and the wiki claims your temporary password has been emailed Smile

Smokey

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoWiki and Website Development All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2