Downloads
· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - Opening protected documents
Opening protected documents

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Testing
View previous topic :: View next topic  
steve
Red Pill

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2004 6:47 am    Post subject: Opening protected documents

NeoJ refuses to open a protected document when double clicking it.
It can be opened only from them open dialog window, selecting the "Read Only" flag.

The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2004 9:00 am    Post subject:

I have no problem opening protected documents by double-clicking on the file in the Finder. Using NeoJ 0.8.2, I tested this by using the Finder's "Get Info" dialog to set all the permissions on a file to "Read Only". Double-clicking on this file causes NeoJ 0.8.2 to open it in read-only mode.

Patrick
Max_Barel
Oracle

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2004 12:06 pm    Post subject: check the lock checkbox

I'm too lazy to test it, but I wonder if the problem is that Steve's "protected document" is one with the "lock"checkbox set in the Info window (translated back from French). This is a reminiscence of OS9, stored in ressource file and has nothing to do with unix mode.
Max
Terry Teague

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2004 6:10 pm    Post subject: Re: check the lock checkbox

Max_Barel wrote:
I'm too lazy to test it, but I wonder if the problem is that Steve's "protected document" is one with the "lock"checkbox set in the Info window (translated back from French). This is a reminiscence of OS9, stored in ressource file and has nothing to do with unix mode.
Max

Just a clarification. I suspect's Max's guess is right, but a file that is locked in Finder has the immutable flag bit set, even if the file permissions show you have write access.

See http://osxfaq.com/Tutorials/LearningCenter/AdvancedUnix/ugp2/page2.ws for info.

Regards, Terry
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2004 11:09 pm    Post subject:

Terry,

Your theory is correct: by using the "chflags uchg <file>" command, I was unable to open <file> even though <file> had writable permissions.

Since the underlying OOo code sees that the user has writable permissions but is unable to open the file in writable mode, I suspect that the OOo code fails gracefully instead of trying to open the file in read-only mode.

Patrick
steve
Red Pill

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2004 10:32 am    Post subject:

Yes, OOo fails with the same error message of NeoJ.
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Testing All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1