· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - Changes in launch process & executable assembly
Changes in launch process & executable assembly

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice/C Development
View previous topic :: View next topic  
OPENSTEP
The One
The One

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2004 11:57 pm    Post subject: Changes in launch process & executable assembly

OK, having figured out the layout changes needed for OOo 1.1's installer I made similar changes in the fix_ooo_installation.bash script used inside the Neo launcher (which is derived from the OOo IA installer scripts).

Changes to the assembly process of the final bundle:

After performing "install --prefix=/foo/path" and moving the result into the Resources directory of the bundle, do the following in a terminal

Code:

cd /path/to/bundle/Contents/Resources/program
emacs bootstraprc

Change the line beginning with "UserInstallation" to read:

Code:

UserInstallation=$SYSUSERCONFIG/Library/Preferences/NeoOffice0.0.1.1

Exit emacs. Do the following in the terminal (each command separated by a blank line):

Code:

cd /path/to/bundle/Contents/Resources

echo /foo/path > oldinstalldir.txt

echo /foo/path > originstalldir.txt

cd user

tar cvfz ../program/user.tgz *

cd ..

rm -rf user

cp /path/to/neooffice/checkout/macosx_extras/fixinstallpaths/fix_ooo_installation.bash .

Basically, this sequence of steps edits the "bootstraprc" file to relocate the per-user settings into the Library/Preferences folder in the home directory. This should allow multiple users to have independent configurations, unlike before.

The user.tgz file that is created above holds the "default" user configuration and registration settings that are created in the initial install step on the build machine. That default "user" directory is removed to help Neo avoid temptation to modify the one in its bundle.

The "oldinstalldir.txt" contains the path that is embedded in the binaries and share directory...the installation location of Neo's bundle. This path will change as Neo is moved between computers and on a single computer.

The "originstalldir.txt" file contains the install path that was embedded in the xcu files at the time user.tgz is created. This file will never change after the tgz file has been created during the build process. The xcu files will be fixed by a goat sacrifice during the per-user installation.

The fix_ooo_installation.bash script now contains snippets for creating a user's specific preferences directory. For no specific reason I named it "NeoOffice0.0.1.1". The bash script also contains some snippets for creating a new .sversionrc file or appending onto an existing file the path with the identiifier "NeoOffice -1"...it should no longer blow away existing .sversionrc files.

Note that the script doesn't yet check the validity of the path in your .sversionrc, so if you move the Neo bundle around or attempt to launch it from the same user account that you ran "./install --prefix" you should edit your .sversionrc file to get rid of the "NeoOffice -1" line before the first launch of the bundle/first implicit run of the bash script.

ed
schlesi
Oracle

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2004 12:08 pm    Post subject:

Great! This solved this problem for me: http://trinity.neooffice.org/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=376

Ed, how can I disable the registration form at NeoOffice's startup? My problem with this form ist described here: http://trinity.neooffice.org/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=375

Thomas
OPENSTEP
The One
The One

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2004 9:46 pm    Post subject:

OK, this was disabled in the 103GM build as I actually included the config after a first launch and not on first launch since I too hate the registration screen Smile To disable this requires changing the xcu files before creating the user tgz archive.

Before the "tar cvfz" step in the instructions below, add in an edit to the file "user/registry/data/org/openoffice/Office/Common.xcu". Add in the following:

Code:

<node oor:name="Misc">
  <prop oor:name="FirstRun" oor:type="xs:boolean">
   <value>false</value>
  </prop>
 </node>

If that FirstRun property is already in there, simply change it from an empty value to have that false term. FirstRun is the magic flag that controls the registration dialog Smile

This may be needed to be modified in a different place in share and I may be incorrect on this set of instructions...I haven't tried it out myself.

ed
schlesi
Oracle

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2004 8:03 am    Post subject:

Ed,

I don't have a re"registry"-folder in my user-directory. I've found two Common.xcu-files in my installation:

Code:

/Applications/NeoOffice.app/Contents/Resources/share/registry/data/org/openoffice/Office/Common.xcu

and

Code:

/Applications/NeoOffice.app/Contents/Resources/share/registry/res/en-US/org/openoffice/Office/Common.xcu

I've put the first-run-entry in the first Common.xcu, but it didn't help, there's an empty registration box on starting NeoOffice Crying or Very sad

Thomas
OPENSTEP
The One
The One

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2004 10:10 am    Post subject:

OK, I'll look into it further later on. If you're interested, you may want to poke around the Ximian patches for 1.1 and see if they found a solution. I know for 1.0.x their patches contained the magic incantation to disable that registration dialog.

ed
schlesi
Oracle

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2004 12:19 pm    Post subject:

Ed,

I've tried one thing more to get rid of the registration window: I've created a directory /Applications/NeoOffice.app/Contents/Resources/user/registry/data/org/openoffice/Office and into that a Common.xcu with the "FirstRun"-entry. But that didn't help, too.

Thomas

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2004 4:02 pm    Post subject:

Sad As an ordinary prospectve user of Opnr Office, I would sppreciate if someone could tell me "" WHEN "" is this program available for MAC OS X??

Thanking you

Eric Bergen.

bergeneric@spiderweb.com.au
jakeOSX
Ninja
Ninja

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2004 5:05 pm    Post subject:

Eric,

Two end user versions of OO.o for the mac are already avaible. The first is the X11 version, which requires X11. The other is Neo/J which is more native than the X11. Both are fully functional, just not 'aquafied'.

I'd suggest grabbing Neo/J and giving it a try.

-jacob
schlesi
Oracle

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2004 10:43 am    Post subject: Registration form

Ed,

I've found out how to disable the registration form in NeoOffice's startup and documented it in the Wiki.

Thomas
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice/C Development All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1