· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - Unable to print
Unable to print

NeoOffice Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org MacOS X X11 Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bonnie
Red Pill

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2004 7:20 am    Post subject: Unable to print

Everything is set up correctly but I am unable to print to my Epson CX 5200. In the FAQ's it says: 'make sure your printer has the correct "PPD" selected.'
Where do I find that? I must not be looking in the right places. Using Panther.
Thanks
OPENSTEP
The One
The One

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2004 10:18 am    Post subject:

Go under "File > Printer Settings". If you look at the "Name" pulldown, you should be able to see your Epson in that list. Make sure you choose it. If you use "Generic Printer", make sure that your Epson is set to be the default printer for your computer. See if either of those two will work.

Also don't forget you need to double check the name again when you choose "File > Print"

I don't think in general inkjets will give you a choice of PPDs. Unfortunatley, more often then not the PPD that ships with the printer is corrupted.

ed
Bonnie
Red Pill

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2004 5:42 am    Post subject: Unable to print

I have set my Print settings to use the Epson, over and over again because every time the settings default to Generic Printer. Neither my Epson or the Generic will work. More suggestions PLEASE.
OPENSTEP
The One
The One

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2004 11:33 am    Post subject:

Can you try generating a PDF from OOo? The 103GM shipped with a preconfigured "PDF Export" printer that shoudl generate a PDF file on your Desktop (or perhaps in your home directory). This will test to make sure that OOo can at least communicate with Ghostscript to do the postscript to PDF conversion step of printing. If that works, a temporary workaround would be to print that PDF using Preview until we can locate what's causing issues with your Epson.

ed
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org MacOS X X11 Support All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1