Support
· Forums
· NeoOffice Support
· NeoWiki

Announcements
· Twitter @NeoOffice

Downloads
· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - "french" icons ?
"french" icons ?

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Development
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stephane
Blue Pill

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 2:48 pm    Post subject: "french" icons ?

it's just a detail after the great progress of neooffice 2, and crystal icons : to have perfect icons in my french version of Neooffice, I wanted to replace the "B" of Bold by a "G" (for Gras in french), and "U" of Underlined by "S" (for souligné)
I have made these 2 icons "G" and "S" and have tried to replace bold.png & underlined.png in the crystal folder of neooffice...
but it doesn't seem so simple, and I can't replace them.

Do you have any idea of how I could just replace these 2 icons ? Or is it possible to integrate these icons in the french package ?

Many thanks
aussie149
The Merovingian

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 7:17 pm    Post subject: Changing Icons

Hi
This should be quite possible, if you have your icons in the same size and format [png] as the others in the folder. Did you unzip then rezip the crystal folder?

In any case, you would be better off to copy the unzipped crystal folder, and add the icons you want (with exactly the same English Wink names as the icons you are replacing - it's obvious from the above that you've done that, this is just for others who might follow your example). Then put this folder inside the Iconic folder. You can get Iconic from here:

http://www.brettisangry.com/Iconic/

It's easy to use and very quick. I suggest you quit NeoOffice if it's running. Then, put the Iconic folder on your desktop, or in your Applications folder, add your folder of icons into it and run Iconic: you should see your set listed there (if not, you may need to compare them with the ones in the Iconic package and make sure yours are set up the same way).

The thread discussing this is here

BTW, I suspect this topic should go in the Support forum. All the best Smile

When you've succeeded, you might consider making your icon set available to others.

Peter
sardisson
Town Crier
Town Crier

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 7:48 pm    Post subject:

Wait, you're running Neo with the French UI and it's not displaying S G et I?

Oh, I see. Crystal is not properly localized to French in "normal" mode, only high-contrast mode. Razz Go OOo Razz

You want to change
NeoOffice.app/Contents/share/Images-Crystal.zip
res/commandimagelist/fr/
lc_bold.png
sc_bold.png
lc_italic.png
sc_italic.png
lc_underline.png
sc_underline.png

You might check out Iconic if you're not comfortable doing this manually (though the icons will have different names in Iconic)....

Smokey

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Development All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1