Support
· Forums
· NeoOffice Support
· NeoWiki

Announcements
· Twitter @NeoOffice

Downloads
· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - Why the censorship?
Why the censorship?

NeoOffice Forum Index -> Ranting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fabriziovenerandi
Keymaker

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 12:49 pm    Post subject:

btw: have you read the last eric message about removing his video from the page that host the neooffice videos?
Captain Naiobi

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 1:32 pm    Post subject:

fabriziovenerandi wrote:
btw: have you read the last eric message about removing his video from the page that host the neooffice videos?

Whose video? His talk, sure...

You mean this message? That is just hilarious. <EDIT: or would have been, if it hadn't degraded into such a dysmal mess>

Best wishes,
Oscar

Samwise
Captain Naiobi

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 1:57 pm    Post subject:

You know, I was able to talk several times with Eric during the conference, who seemed very open, yet now he wants the video (re)moved from the page because it could be associated with NeoOffice (when Carlo - or I, on Carlo's behalf, for that matter - asked him whether Carlo could film the presentation, his answer was "no problem") ... ? AFAIK, FreeSMUG is not affiliated with NeoOffice, and they're not going to multiply pages just to make everyone (Eric) happy. It might be possible to put Eric's video before, or after, all the others (since, right now, it's video #2, between two Neo-related presentations), perhaps with something noting the difference, but come on, you're not going to have two separate pages ... it's an OOoCon Mac-specific page, and presents both versions of OpenOffice.org for Mac OS X.

Really, he's a completely different person on the web than who he pretends to be when you meet him (or so it seems to me).
LemonAid
The Anomaly

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 2:19 pm    Post subject:

ovvldc wrote:
fabriziovenerandi wrote:

Whose video? His talk, sure...

You mean this message? That is just hilarious. <EDIT: or would have been, if it hadn't degraded into such a dysmal mess>

Best wishes,
Oscar
And now this message??
And things were going along so well (less .. Noise! Wink ). It's a shame that these things have to get so ... personal.

I rather enjoyed ALL of the Videos. Better for the whole OOo community.
If Eric's video is removed (the "official video of Eric is ... of poor quality?) than all that is left is ... NeoOffice videos?
Seems like a bad way to build support for a Community project?!?

Philippe (WTF is the ... problem! Evil or Very Mad )

\ it's not perfect, but it works = NeoOffice & Aqua Podcast
\\ http://web.mac.com/palemon/iWeb/Site/Podcast/Podcast.html
LemonAid
The Anomaly

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 2:26 pm    Post subject:

Samwise wrote:
You know, I was able to talk several times with Eric during the conference, who seemed very open, yet now he wants the video (re)moved from the page because it could be associated with NeoOffice (when Carlo - or I, on Carlo's behalf, for that matter - asked him whether Carlo could film the presentation, his answer was "no problem") ... ?
<snip>

Really, he's a completely different person on the web than who he pretends to be when you meet him (or so it seems to me).
IANAL (I saw that online Wink )
Seems like "permission to record a Public performance granted" to me. And it's a Much BETTER video than the "official" one.

pfffft Confused

Philippe (back to updating the podcasts with more examples, tonight! Rolling Eyes )
OPENSTEP
The One
The One

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 7:47 am    Post subject:

Well, I personally think that Eric's video is quite helpful. It gave me some great ideas about things that we ourselves should start investigating in the future and, from some of the little things I noticed, areas where I had thought they might be dropping by to ask for some descriptions of similar problems we'd faced. From some of the feedback I saw online, the cameraman for the main site also nearly missed a bunch of the demo screen, too.

It's a good quality video and, I thought, very informative and well shot. And apparently better than the official one as well.

So again, why the censorship Question And I thought we had made real progress Crying or Very sad

ed
OPENSTEP
The One
The One

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 9:04 am    Post subject: Re: Interesting...

LemonAid wrote:
OPENSTEP wrote:
Finally we may be at the heart of the problem...
A core OOo team member noted us as being a "commercial project that has forked OpenOffice.org".

ed
What a ... SILLY statement. Shocked

I can't believe an Open Source Community member would say such ... drivel. Rolling Eyes

Yet another interesting take from another open source project...seems we may not be alone Smile

http://odf-converter.sourceforge.net/blog/index.php?2006/09/07/5-are-we-traitors-or-mercenaries

ed
LemonAid
The Anomaly

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 11:36 am    Post subject:

LemonAid wrote:

\ it's not perfect, but it works = NeoOffice & Aqua Podcast
\\ http://web.mac.com/palemon/iWeb/Site/Podcast/Podcast.html

This is WORKING and has been updated. I may have missed some items or not have the best examples but It's shows a LOT of the items that Ed and Patrick talk about.

Adding this to the other videos really gives you a better idea of what the talk is about. I was constantly surprised at all the little details that most NeoOffice 2.0 Aqua take for granted. Shocked

Maybe these images will give other OOo developers some ideas about things to watch-out for, or ways to improve the base OOo code (can you say VCL extentions / Hacks?! Wink ).

Now that I've seen / heard it a dozen times - it all kind makes sense! Rolling Eyes

http://web.mac.com/palemon/iWeb/Site/Podcast/Podcast.html
Please take a look and let me know what you think Question Cool Especially Ed and Patrick
I can probably make a few updates if we have Screen images to match - if necessary.

Philip ( Wikki don't lose that ... PodCast! Wink )

<edit - I just notice that playing this Podcast in iTunes/Windows - you can double click on the cover/ image and the image will open in a separate window.
Then you can ZOOM the image as BIG as you want!!! You get jaggies (because of the small image resolution/size) but can really zoom in! The images stay in sync with the presentation!

HOW COOL is THAT!!!

PS 2 - NeoOffice 2.0 shows the Dirty Bit for documents that have changed by: Dim Save Icon (Diskette) for saved, un-Dim Save Icon for changed / Dirty bit

/edit>
sardisson
Town Crier
Town Crier

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 3:55 pm    Post subject:

LemonAid wrote:
PS 2 - NeoOffice 2.0 shows the Dirty Bit for documents that have changed by: Dim Save Icon (Diskette) for saved, un-Dim Save Icon for changed / Dirty bit

Heh, who's ever going to notice that among the million toolbar items Razz Wink

Smokey

Oracle

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 6:01 am    Post subject:

sardisson wrote:
LemonAid wrote:

There's also a little star (*) that appears in the status bar when the document is dirty but it's even harder to notice Laughing
OPENSTEP
The One
The One

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 7:10 am    Post subject:

Yeah...it's definitely there in the application already so hopefully I'll hook that into the window state eventually as well. No time to investigate it yet, though Smile

ed
LemonAid
The Anomaly

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 2:06 pm    Post subject:

val1984 wrote:
sardisson wrote:
LemonAid wrote:

There's also a little star (*) that appears in the status bar when the document is dirty but it's even harder to notice Laughing
Oh, Yeah - I had forgotten that * in the Status Bar.

Question - As NeoOffice ALREADY shows when a document has been changed (I often check the "Save Icon" to see if I have a updated Saved version) - What are Ed and Patrick talking about? Dirty Bit / Red Dot. It seems that indicators are already shown - TWICE (Icon and Status bar).
What more is needed? (RTFM, RTF...W??).

Philip (Rolling Eyes sad because no comments /suggestions about the Podcast - "NeoOffice and Aqua" Crying or Very sad )
val1984
Oracle

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 5:10 pm    Post subject:

LemonAid wrote:
Question - As NeoOffice ALREADY shows when a document has been changed (I often check the "Save Icon" to see if I have a updated Saved version) - What are Ed and Patrick talking about? Dirty Bit / Red Dot. It seems that indicators are already shown - TWICE (Icon and Status bar).
What more is needed? (RTFM, RTF...W??).

That little red blurb which is more Mac like than a star in the status bar Razz
LemonAid
The Anomaly

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 5:22 pm    Post subject:

Oh, Shocked

Funny, but I don't think I have ever noticed that "dot" before.
Guess it's not a well knowned as the other items??
(aka - I never saw it - so nobody else needs it either? Rolling Eyes )

Philip ( needs a new pair of ... glasses?!? Confused )
yoxi
Cipher

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 1:15 am    Post subject:

Ay, and it's appearance (or disappearance) depends on which ShapeShifter theme one is using - mwahaha - so I don't even see the blob (though I like the word blurb Smile)

- padmavyuha (dashing around like a mad thing but still checking in here...)
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> Ranting All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3