Downloads
· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - customize neo office only be able to use Writer, Calc
customize neo office only be able to use Writer, Calc

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Development
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nakaoka
Blue Pill

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 2:50 am    Post subject: customize neo office only be able to use Writer, Calc

Thank jakeOSX、jgd、Samwise for the response. Actually, you guys are great! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy And now,
new theme has arisen,,,,,,

Need to customize neo office only be able to use Writer, Calc and Impress.
If somebody could give me the tip to prevent other application to open from menu (neo office/text document ~ open document, file/new, file/wizard) and command line, I guess I should be able do the rest.
The reason why I am trying to do this is to prevent our workers from opening draw or other application while using Neo office. it is due to my client`s policy, which is to make the system as simple as possible to avoid complication. And also, I am very interested in customizing Neo office and open source stuff for my studying sake. I would appreciate for any tip about this matter. Give me a helping hand, world!!!!!!!!!
Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
Samwise
Captain Naiobi

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 7:45 am    Post subject:

I really doubt you can do this with the command line. You'll probably have to keep a separate build of NeoOffice, and figure out where to change the code (in OpenOffice.org) to hide these things. Considering that it takes 12 (Quad G5) to 36 (G4) hours for a full build/rebuild (required when the OOo codebase changes), and that neither of us know where OOo keeps these things, I really think it's not worth the hassle.

Your workers should be able to open a specific component with the blank templates, even if NeoOffice is already running. Since "NeoOffice Shortcuts" is simply a folder, you can delete the "drawing" template to prevent them from accidentally opening a draw document.
OPENSTEP
The One
The One

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 9:44 am    Post subject:

I think samwise is correct in that to do it right you'll need to keep a separate build and customize the interface. You might be able to get away with some things without this (e.g. edit the info.plist to remove document types for bindings to the other documents) but the File > New submenu, Dock tile menu, and Apple menu are all dynaically generated from the code and that's the only place where they can be edited. Sorry if that's not the news you were hoping to hear Rolling Eyes

Another thought might be to try to write some type of macro that runs on the opening of each document and then warning/closing the documents if they're the wrong type? While there would still be UI elements for the other components, they'd never be able to open the documents themselves. I'm not a macro expert so I'm not sure if that is even possible.

ed
rays
The Anomaly
(earlier version)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 11:10 am    Post subject:

Surely the simplest way to achieve your employers' sense of Nirvana (?) might be to create a (very) limited set of stationery models (templates) and fire anyone who doesn't use them?
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Development All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1