NeoOffice :: View topic - 0.82 soffice.bin crash
0.82 soffice.bin crash

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Releases
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2004 8:13 am    Post subject:

Send me the crash log via e-mail to patrick dot luby at planamesa dot com.
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2004 2:11 pm    Post subject:

Bronson,

From the crash log that you sent me, it appears that Java cannot find any fonts. I suspect that a more descriptive error message gets logged in the system console.

Can you open the /Applications/Utilities/Console application and see if there are any messages with the word "Exception" in them? If so, can you paste the error messages here.

Patrick
Bronson

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2004 5:10 am    Post subject: NeoOffice/J crash on startup: Console messages

I cleared the console and then tried to launch NeoOffice/j

Heres what got written to the console:

Apr 12 08:09:43 ssi-bronson crashdump: Unable to determine CPSProcessSerNum pid: 2109 name: soffice.bin
Apr 12 08:09:43 ssi-bronson crashdump: Started writing crash report to: /Users/aa1zb/Library/Logs/CrashReporter/soffice.bin.crash.log
Apr 12 08:09:46 ssi-bronson crashdump: Finished writing crash report to: /Users/aa1zb/Library/Logs/CrashReporter/soffice.bin.crash.log

That is all that came up. There wasn't anything with the word "Exception" in it.

What's next?
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2004 7:48 am    Post subject:

Bronson,

I have narrowed down the problem to a small section of code. My theory is that one or more of your fonts are corrupted or are in a format that Java cannot handle and, at startup, when I iterate through all of the fonts, my code breaks when it hits a bad font.

I have posted a patch for you to try out. This patch tries to handle bad fonts more gracefully. I am not sure if it will fix the problem. If it does not, let me know and I will try a different approach:

1. Download my test patch from http://www.planamesa.com/neojava/downloads/patches/NeoOfficeJ-0.8.2-patch-experimental.tar.gz.

2. Install the patch using the same steps as "patch-2" at http://www.planamesa.com/neojava/download.php#install.

3. Run NeoJ and see if it crashes.

Thanks for your help,

Patrick
Bronson

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2004 1:33 pm    Post subject: Post "Experimental Patch" crash

I ran the patch. Then I ran the program and it failed but did not list anything in the console.log

I rebooted.

Ran the program again... NeoOffice/J fall down and go boom... nothing in the console log.

I erased the previous crash report, and launched NeoOffice/J once more. The program crashed, so I sent you an email with the latest crash report. Once again there was no activity in the console.log
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2004 7:52 am    Post subject:

Bronson,

I have updated the patch file. I don't know if this one will work, but can you try it?

The patch is at the same location: http://www.planamesa.com/neojava/downloads/patches/NeoOfficeJ-0.8.2-patch-experimental.tar.gz

Patrick
Bronson

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2004 10:39 am    Post subject:

Nope that didn't work either.

The crash report is "in the mail".
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Releases All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2