· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - NeoOffice/J 0.8.2 Patch Available
NeoOffice/J 0.8.2 Patch Available

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Releases
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2004 10:04 pm    Post subject: NeoOffice/J 0.8.2 Patch Available

All,

I have fixed a few bugs that have been reported against NeoOffice/J 0.8.2 and I have posted "patch-1". This patch contains fixes for the following bugs:

1. Popop windows appeared on the wrong screen on some multiple montor configurations. This has been fixed.

2. Performance in full-screen presentations was very slow. This patch improves the speed and responsiveness of full-screen presentations.

Download and installation instructions for the lastest patch binaries are available at http://www.planamesa.com/neojava/download.php#install.

Please help the testing effort and file any bugs that you find in Bugzilla (http://bugzilla.neooffice.org).

Patrick
Apricot
Pure-blooded Human

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2004 11:50 pm    Post subject:

hi pluby,

You have new more elaborate patch instructions, but as far as I can tell, they boil down to sudo tar xvfz <patchfile> in the .app directory. Right?

- Ap
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2004 8:17 am    Post subject:

Yes. They are really the same.

Patrick
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2004 1:55 pm    Post subject:

I have fixed more bugs that have been reported against NeoOffice/J 0.8.2 and I have posted "patch-2". This patch contains fixes for the following bugs:

1. Some MS Word files cause NeoOffice/J to hang when opened. This bug has been fixed.

2. While typing Asian characters, the double underline would sometimes show as a single underline. This bug has been fixed.

Download and installation instructions for the lastest patch binaries are available at http://www.planamesa.com/neojava/download.php#install.

Please help the testing effort and file any bugs that you find in Bugzilla (http://bugzilla.neooffice.org).

Patrick
GibHenry
Councilperson

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2004 9:50 pm    Post subject:

>I have fixed more bugs that have been reported against NeoOffice/J
>0.8.2 and I have posted "patch-2". This patch contains fixes for the
>following bugs: [snip]

The "patch-1" file is no longer available on the referenced page. Please confirm: does patch-2 also include the patches from "patch-1"? Thanks! Cheers,
--
Gib Henry

Ninja
Ninja

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2004 4:04 am    Post subject:

Patches for Neo/J are inclusive (reclusive?) in that patch 3 for example will have all the fixes from 1 and 2 incorporated.

-j
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2004 8:02 am    Post subject:

jakeOSX is correct, each patch includes all of the previous patches so that you can install the latest patch without worrying if you have installed any of the earlier patches.

Patrick
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2004 9:41 am    Post subject:

I have fixed more bugs that have been reported against NeoOffice/J 0.8.2 and I have posted "patch-3". This patch contains fixes for the following bugs:

1. Bug 100 reported that some presentations would crash when clicking through each tab. This bug has been fixed.

2. The Shift-Command-J menu shortcut was not working. This bug has been fixed.

3. When selecting the View -> Full Screen menu item, all keys entered would be printed twice. This bug has been fixed.

Patrick
Dante
Red Pill

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2004 8:31 am    Post subject: impossible to install the patch file

Hi,

I'm sorry, I'm a newbe, I'm trying to install the NeoOffice/J patch file from terminal, but it seems to be an error: the last line says it'd not gzip file, I suppose it refers to the downloaded file, anyway I tried twice with no success, neither with the help_file for non english language. I must have something wrong.

Could anyone help me?

anyway, Im very happy with NeoOffice/J, it works smoothly in my powerbook. I hope to have it aquafied (NeoOffice & NeoOffice/J), it will rock!!!

sorry for posting here
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2004 9:31 am    Post subject:

Download the patch using "Save Link Target" (Mozilla) or "Download Link to Disk" (Safari) in your browser. Most likely, your problem is that your browser is being "smart" and is having StuffIt unpack the downloaded file. By saving the link directly to disk, StuffIt or whatever helper application won't muck with the download.

Patrick
amake
Sentinel

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2004 2:38 pm    Post subject:

I found that both Safari and Firefox try to be smart in that they un-gzip the file even if I just tell it to download to disk. If you downloaded it to disk properly (as in, Stuffit Expander didn't have a go at the file yet) then look at the filesize. If it's significantly larger than it should be, then it's probably been un-gzipped. If that is the case, leave out the "z" argument when you run the tar command (instead of "tar xfz" do "tar xf").
Max_Barel
Oracle

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2004 4:54 pm    Post subject: optional in Safari

Safari has a checkbox to toggle this behaviour in the main preference panel.
sardisson
Town Crier
Town Crier

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2004 3:29 am    Post subject:

Patrick,

Just to confirm: the patches don't include bugfixes that are simply updates to Info.plist (e.g., this "bug" of mine http://bugzilla.neooffice.org/bug.php?op=show&bugid=99&pos=9, and I imagine the one I just filed today, too), right? They require a whole new download first.

(I have the latest patches and, when filing the new icon "bug," remembered the old one and noticed that the old one still seems present in my NeoJ+patches.)

Smokey
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2004 7:14 am    Post subject:

Smokey,

You are correct. I don´t put Info.plist changes in the patches. The reason is that patching the Info.plist does not seem to change behavior in the Finder. In order for an application to change the Finder behavior, it seems that the only way is to release a new installer. Sad

Patrick
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 4:16 pm    Post subject:

I have fixed more bugs that have been reported against NeoOffice/J 0.8.2 and I have posted "patch-4". This patch contains fixes for the following bugs:

1. Bug 103 reported that NeoJ would crash at startup for some users. This bug has been fixed.

Patrick
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Releases All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1