Downloads
· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - Tango Icon set for Toolbars
Tango Icon set for Toolbars

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Development
View previous topic :: View next topic  
aussie149
The Merovingian

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 4:34 pm    Post subject: Tango Icon set for Toolbars

I decided it was better to start a new thread to discuss the Tango set, because it was a distraction in the other thread [which needs to be focussed on Akua].

For those who missed the earlier discussion, we have access to a "complete" icon set based on Tango. It is in development for OpenOffice.org [about 400 icons currently] by Jakub Steiner. Those icons which have not yet been replaced are provided by icons from the original "Industrial" set [which others may recognise as GNOME or gtk]. Jakub was also heavily involved in the design of thsoe icons. This set is all LGPL, so free to use.

For those new to this topic of toolbar icons, there are people on the forum who like making NeoOffice look nicer/more friendly by searching out and/or developing icon sets to replace the OOo sets available [Default, Industrial, Crystal and Contrast]. The easy way to get them into your NeoOffice is to use Brett's program Iconic

Peter
valterb
The Anomaly
(earlier version)

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 11:07 am    Post subject:

I have installed Office Themer and changed my default icons.
Everything goes right with writer, ma something is goning wrong in calc.
This is a snapshot of my Calc window I posted in another 3d

As you probably can see some icons (for example ascending and discending order icons, justification icons, currencies, percentage and decinal paces icons, etc.) are not well displayed: they seems to be larger than the amount of space they have at their disposal (I repeate that in Writer everything is OK).
What's up?

Valter
aussie149
The Merovingian

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 8:23 pm    Post subject:

valterb wrote:

As you probably can see some icons (for example ascending and discending order icons, justification icons, currencies, percentage and decinal paces icons, etc.) are not well displayed: they seems to be larger than the amount of space they have at their disposal (I repeate that in Writer everything is OK).
What's up?

Valter

Hi Valter
I can see your problem [for others: notice how the icons that valter names seem to be only partially displayed]. I have tried to repeat it on my computer, without success. I suspect it has something to do with icon size settings in Iconic and/or NeoOffice.

However, you mention OfficeThemer? Are you actually using Iconic - see link in my first post above?? This is the later version of OfficeThemer, and is the one on which the Tango set works.

Most of those problem icons are from the old "industrial" set, but I am not sure what that means.
The other curious thing is that your "justification" icons seem not to have been replaced by the new Tango ones, and you also have two alignright icons and no alignhorizontalcenter icons?

What settings do you have in the icon size settings in Iconic and NeoOffice> View?

Peter
valterb
The Anomaly
(earlier version)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 3:41 am    Post subject:

OK, I've installed Iconic .
I've repeated the procedure, but nothing different happen.

Quote:
The other curious thing is that your "justification" icons seem not to have been replaced by the new Tango ones, and you also have two alignright icons and no alignhorizontalcenter icons?

Probably the picture I've attached is to small, but "justification" icons are the same displayd in the browser, so I think thay're OK.
The other thing about alignment, I'm not sure what you mean... I think you refear at two "indent" icons, becuase I do not have set horizonatal icon.

Finally I get the solution. I had to replace tango_icon_1006 with Akua pre-release, and than replace again with Tango. Now everything is working.

Valter
ovvldc
Captain Naiobi

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 11:08 am    Post subject:

aussie149 wrote:

Could be because Iconic only replaces the justification icons for the En-US locale. And not for all of the other ones..

-Oz

aussie149
The Merovingian

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 3:27 am    Post subject: Update

I have used the "zip replacement into config file" technique to update the Tango set, which gets closer to a full set. Go to
http://au.geocities.com/aussie_149/page0/page0.html
to see how this looks in NeoOffice.

I understand [I may be wrong] that Tango will replace Industrial in OpenOffice.org 3 [or before?], so this set will then be part of the OpenOffice.org [and hence NeoOffice] base package.

Peter
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Development All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1