Downloads
· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - split neo office into calc, writer, draw,,,,
split neo office into calc, writer, draw,,,,

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Development
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nakaoka
Blue Pill

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 2:04 am    Post subject: split neo office into calc, writer, draw,,,,

is there anybody who has an idea of what is the easiest way to customize neo office to open calc, writer, base,,,separately, like open office does?
i just need to open calc and writer separately, for some reason. dont need to open base from writer`s or calc`s interface. Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

sorry for my bad grammer skill of english. please help me, world!!!
jakeOSX
Ninja
Ninja

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 5:13 am    Post subject:

two things.
first, unlike office, openoffice.org and thus neooffice is one monolithic program, meaning they are all loaded at the same time.

but! there are icons (link is in the wiki which i cannot get to from work) that will open Neo into whichever program you want directly

hope that helps
jgd
Agent Smith

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 5:18 am    Post subject:

You can put Neo icon in the Dock. When Neo is activated, click that icon and you'll be able to choose Writer or Calc or whatever you want without having a document open.
I hope I've well understood your question Question
Jacqueline
Samwise
Captain Naiobi

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 9:47 am    Post subject:

I think he'd like to open NeoOffice directly into one of its components, before NeoOffice is started. I must say that considering the time it takes to launch Neo/OpenOffice.org, being in the right component right away is a plus.

Here's the link :

http://neowiki.sixthcrusade.com/index.php/NeoOffice_Launch_Shortcuts
jgd
Agent Smith

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 11:06 am    Post subject:

Oh thanks, I see. It's a nice tip.
jakeOSX
Ninja
Ninja

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 5:28 pm    Post subject:

thanks for posting the link. stupid work firewall..
nakaoka
Blue Pill

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 2:51 am    Post subject: Thank jakeOSX、jgd、Samwise for the resp

Thank jakeOSX、jgd、Samwise for the response. Actually, you guys are great! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
punkadelic
Blue Pill

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 12:51 am    Post subject: splitting apps could save bandwidth

If you could split the apps and make each one downloadable separately you could maybe save some bandwidth. I'm sure there must be more people like me who only use Writer and Calc and never anything else. The download would be quicker for me if I could just download each of those separately and you would save bandwidth. You could of course still offer a download that includes everthing for those who need it. Would the apps also load quicker and use less memory if they were separate?
valterb
The Anomaly
(earlier version)

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 1:09 am    Post subject:

As Jake said in a previuos post, OpenOffice.org/NeoOffice is a monolithic program (and our is Neolithic Smile), so it's not possible to split applications to make dirrent download available.
Have a mololithic application is a wanted feature that result in an excellent integration and coherence among single modules, while other office suites that are formed by single applications selled together for marketing reasons can suffer from these indipendencies.

Valter
ovvldc
Captain Naiobi

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 2:59 am    Post subject:

Just to add to this: there is quite a bit of infrastructure shared between the components, right down to icons and so on. I suppose that separating the various components wouldn't save you nearly as much as you would hope.

Best wishes,
Oscar

OPENSTEP
The One
The One

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 9:12 pm    Post subject:

OpenOffice.org is a monolithic application. This request will never be acted upon by NeoOffice.org.

Unfortunately, the current scope of the NeoOffice project is limited by resources to keeping a native version of OpenOffice.org running on Mac OS X and fixing OpenOffice.org feature bugs is outside that scope.
You can report the feature request in the OpenOffice.org issue tracker to get it on the radar of the core OpenOffice.org developers:

http://qa.openoffice.org/issue_handling/pre_submission.html

ed
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Development All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1