NeoOffice :: View topic - Default document on startup
Default document on startup

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Releases
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jakeOSX
Ninja
Ninja

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 6:13 am    Post subject:

sigh. so i really need to clean up some wiki pages. and make some more too i think.

here is the main wiki page for this sorta thing:

http://neowiki.neooffice.org/index.php/NeoOffice_Launch_Shortcuts

think you could add in what you did to get it to work for neo/j? (or just post it here and we'll get it added)

and i just noticed that only the launcher is online, the neo icons i made i never put up, so i'll get to that.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 5:52 pm    Post subject:

Sure I can do that be one hurdle is I don't think the SubApps Folder I have for Neo/J 1.1 is the same SubApps Folder available from the Wiki toonstwon link. I think I picked them up before he came out with his? I dunno, is ther any way you can contact him to confirm?

Really, the only difference from your instructions for Neo 2.0 is instead of putting the SubApps Folder (again, not sure if it's the same one you get now from the link) in the same Folder as Neo.app itself (for most people the /Applications Folder (your Applications Folder on your HD where Apple puts things their apps by default) I simply right clicked (control-click for you Mac purists who won't give up that single mouse button mouse ship, hehe, "give up the ship", get it?) on the Neo/J 1.1.app icon in the /Applications Folder and then of course the Contens Folder is available for the Neo/J.app application. Now, simply place the SubApps Folder in this Contents Folder. Once you do that, open the Contents Folder by double-clicking, something else I'm really getting tired of after using both OSs) and then you'll see all the shortcut OpenOffice icons, one for Neo Writer, Neo Calc, etc. Now, single-click and hold down mouse button on one of those icons and drag it to the Dock. Boom, it will stay in the Dock. Then, simply click once on the Neo icon in the Dock and Neo/J will launch. Kinda long on that first launch of the day of course but I'm still with that first modern Mac that 800Mhz G4 "powerhouse" (thanks Moto!, actaully, this thing has served our family well) with only 512MB of working RAM, now of course dwarfed by Dual Core Intels over 1GHZ in power.

If I discover mistakes in that instruction I'll be back to correct.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 6:32 pm    Post subject:

See, I said I'd be back...

"...Once you do that, open the Contents Folder by double-clicking, something else I'm really getting tired of after using both OSs) and then you'll see all the shortcut OpenOffice icons, one for Neo Writer, Neo Calc, etc..."

should read

"...Once you do that, open the Contents Folder by double-clicking, something else I'm really getting tired of after using both OSs) and then you'll see the SubApps Folder just put in there and open that by doube-clicking and you''ll see the shortcut OpenOffice icons, one for Neo Writer, Neo Calc, etc..."

Carry on Sailor
LemonAid
The Anomaly

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 7:19 pm    Post subject:

Mystery Guest,

Thank you for your message. I have just one question?
Did you say(type) that whole paragraph in one ... breath. Wink
I got lost about half way through and had to re-read it a couple of times.
Looks interesting and something I might want to do.

<grin> The Admins here assure me that they don't charge you by the character, so it's OK to break up the text with a few blank lines. Smile It might not be the way to "run a tight ship" but us older folks require extra pauses for our eyes. Shocked
</grin>

Philip ( I had to respond because I liked your "don't give up the Ship" comment! Wink )

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 7:48 pm    Post subject:

How's this:

Really, the only difference from your instructions for Neo 2.0 is instead of putting the SubApps Folder in the same Folder as the Neo.app itself (for most people the /Applications Folder (your Applications Folder on your HD where Apple puts their apps by default)

I simply right clicked (control-click for you one-button mouse Mac purists) on the Neo/J 1.1.app icon in the /Applications Folder and then of course the Contents Folder is available for the Neo/J.app application.

Now, simply place the SubApps Folder in this Contents Folder. Once you do that, open the Contents Folder by double-clicking (if you hadn't already opened it), and then you'll see the SubApps Folder you just put in there and open that by double-clicking and you''ll see all the shortcut OpenOffice icons, one for Neo Writer, Neo Calc, etc.

Now, single-click and hold down mouse button on one of those icons and drag it to the Dock. Boom, it will stay in the Dock (but the icon will remain in the SubApps Folder as well).

Then, simply click once on the Neo icon in the Dock and Neo/J will launch in whatever component you clicked on, Writer for a word processsing document, Calc for a spreadsheet, etc. These are the 2 Neo component icons I keep in my Dock as the most used (you know the drill, for M$ Word and M$ Excel documents).

Better?

I went to edit the Wiki and realized you can't unless you register but I'm a "Guest" kinda guy so someone else will have to do it.
LemonAid
The Anomaly

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 1:48 pm    Post subject:

Many Thanks "mystery" Guest

Much easier (on my mature(?) eyes), and helpful too!
I'm sure that one of the mystic Wiki elves will appreciate your efforts and post this for ... posterity. Cool

Thanks again for taking the time to write this down. Your efforts ARE appreciated.

Philip ( was a "Guest" kinda guy for a long time too. Wink )
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Releases All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2