Support
· Forums
· NeoOffice Support
· NeoWiki

Announcements
· Twitter @NeoOffice

Downloads
· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - V2 Patch 15 - Cell borders randomly missing on printouts
V2 Patch 15 - Cell borders randomly missing on printouts

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Testing
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 7:45 am    Post subject: V2 Patch 15 - Cell borders randomly missing on printouts

I am noticing missing cell borders when printing, anyone else see this?

On my sheet the cell grid is removed, and I have a calendar like grid drawn using cell borders, some of the calendar cells have background colouring.

Numerous cell borders are missing on the printout.

I can link example file if needed.
jgd
Agent Smith

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 8:48 am    Post subject:

What versions of Mac OS X (10.3.9 or 10.4.8) and of Neo are you using?
What processor PPC or Intel ?
If you are using Neo AB3, did you install the latest patch ?

See: http://download.neooffice.org/neojava/en/patch.php

Jacqueline
Lorinda
Captain Mifune

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 9:16 am    Post subject:

Are any of your cell borders set for a width of .05? If so, try resetting them wider-even up to .5 should do it, if this is the bug I am remembering.

The .05 non-printing is an OpenOffice.org bug.

Unfortunately, the current scope of the NeoOffice project is limited by resources to keeping a native version of OpenOffice.org running on Mac OS X and fixing OpenOffice.org feature bugs is outside that scope.

You can report the feature request in the OpenOffice.org issue tracker to get it on the radar of the core OpenOffice.org developers: http://qa.openoffice.org/issue_handling/pre_submission.html

Sometime today I'll try and print a test doc and see if this has been fixed in 2.1.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 10:48 am    Post subject:

jgd wrote:
What versions of Mac OS X (10.3.9 or 10.4.Cool and of Neo are you using?
What processor PPC or Intel ?
If you are using Neo AB3, did you install the latest patch ?

See: http://download.neooffice.org/neojava/en/patch.php

Jacqueline

I'm using v2 aqua beta with patch 15 on Intel.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 10:52 am    Post subject:

Lorinda wrote:
Are any of your cell borders set for a width of .05? If so, try resetting them wider-even up to .5 should do it, if this is the bug I am remembering.

Unfortunately, the current scope of the NeoOffice project is limited by resources to keeping a native version of OpenOffice.org running on Mac OS X and fixing OpenOffice.org feature bugs is outside that scope.

You can report the feature request in the OpenOffice.org issue tracker to get it on the radar of the core OpenOffice.org developers: http://qa.openoffice.org/issue_handling/pre_submission.html

Sometime today I'll try and print a test doc and see if this has been fixed in 2.1.

Yes the borders are set to the default 0.05, just tested a couple at 0.5 and it printed fine, so OOo bug then.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 10:57 am    Post subject:

BTW it does sort of work now, but some of the bottom cell borders are thinner on printout even though all now set to 0.5.
Lorinda
Captain Mifune

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 11:11 am    Post subject:

Quote:
BTW it does sort of work now, but some of the bottom cell borders are thinner on printout even though all now set to 0.5.

Yeah, that's another OpenOffice.org bug, I'm afraid. If you click on the link to the left for Bugzilla and search for Bug #1856, you will find in the comments a link to the OpenOffice.org bug report. Once there I think you can "vote" for it, to encourage the OOo folks to get it fixed (or see if it is fixed in 2.1)
OPENSTEP
The One
The One

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 12:54 pm    Post subject:

Note that there will also be very minute width variations that you may encounter due to scaling bugs in the Apple Java VM implementation of drawLine() that unfortunately have no workarounds (Bug 2118). You may not be able to see them on a printout, however; I can only see them in Preview.app with the maximum zoom. This is different than the width of the bottom line in the table mentioned in the bug above and needs to be reported to Apple Smile

ed
LemonAid
The Anomaly

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 2:44 pm    Post subject:

Lorinda wrote:
Are any of your cell borders set for a width of .05?
If so, try resetting them wider - even up to .5 should do it, if this is the bug I am remembering.

Maybe we can have this added to the Wiki?
Maybe in the "Tips and Hints for Using NeoOffice"??

Philip (at least we know what causes the problem! Rolling Eyes )
Lorinda
Captain Mifune

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 2:58 pm    Post subject:

I don't have time to do it now, but I have added it to the "Tips to Add to the Wiki" sticky thread in the NeoWiki Development forum so we don't forget.
LemonAid
The Anomaly

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 4:06 pm    Post subject:

Thank You Lorinda,

I was just making a suggestion, not making a demand. Embarassed
I'm good at finding things the "might" help in the Wiki. Not so good at actually adding them. Sad

I think the Wiki team is doing an OUTSTANDING job. I have never seen so many new pages, in multiple languages too! I know everyone has lots to do (and I hope you and your family are feeling better! grin) and appreciate everyones efforts.
Health and Family comes ... First!

Philip ( Our support team can beat your support team! Wink )

\. Where have all the Council"men" gone?!? Rolling Eyes
Lorinda
Captain Mifune

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 4:26 pm    Post subject:

I didn't hear it as a demand. I was just in a hurry but wanted you to know you'd been heard. Smile

As far as I'm concerned, you can just add those things to the "add to the wiki" list for us. Just provide a short description and a link to the thread.

Thanks for the kind thoughts. Everyone in our house is healthy again, and so far we've survived the winter storms, although they've wreaked havoc with our schedule (event and school cancellations, etc.) We've been fortunate in that we haven't lost power. We live in town, but our rural neighbors lost power earlier this week, some for 18 hours or more. My parents, who live about 4 hours away, lost power for 24 hours. Some folks were without for several days. Such is life in the midwest!
LemonAid
The Anomaly

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 6:55 pm    Post subject:

OK, I just wanted to be sure I was not being ... rude.
There is enough of that in the rest of the world. We don't need any more on the fora. Shocked

- I thought about being able to add things to "Add to Wiki" list after I saw your note there referring back to this thread.
ANOTHER clever idea from the NeoOffice support community! And Thank you for the offer. Guess I'll have to put my "messages where my mouth is". (very poor para-phrase Wink )

Glad you and yours are doing better.
We have gotten some strong rains storms in Southern Calif. but it looks like the rest of the country is getting ... pounded! Or SNOWed under, or Frozened, or something nasty. Make me happy with our 55 degrees "Cold" temperatures. grin

Question... What would I do without my Mac and Internet for 1-2 days? ...... arrrrrgh!

Philip ( All the world's a stage, and I can't act! Wink )

\. Secret Discovery: A little bit of praise makes everyone Feel better! Cool

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 5:17 am    Post subject:

Thanks for the comments, sorry I was lazy not to look up my username hence the posts a Guest and maybe I should have searched the bugs first.

But anyway using a hp Laserjet and the bottom of cell borders thinner on the printout, only 600dpi but laserjet may empahsize the issue. But anyway the main 0.05 bug is with OpenOffice the bottom border bug is Apple VM.

I might report the bug to Apple, but I reported 3 bugs with OS X Tiger 10.4.0 and still not fixed, but confirmed as bugs.
OPENSTEP
The One
The One

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 9:48 am    Post subject:

I don't think their Java team is horribly large, and just like us they don't look at all bugs (in general, not just their Java team).

We can find workarounds for some of the bugs, which is great since it provides some good examples for how to fix them as well...but it can get annoying when the bugs do get fixed since now we need to dynamically detect the version and install our workaround only on the VM versions that don't have the fix Wink

The line width issues with drawLine() on higher resolution drawing in Graphics2D, however, doesn't have a workaround. It looks like some type of rounding error inside drawing code in the VM and I bet is just a bad or missing (float) cast. Of course, without the VM code, who knows; it may be something much more complex.

I think this particular issue may be different from the last line on your printer problem. This one, when combined with antialiasing problems in Preview.app, may cause some table lines to "disappear" when looking at print previews or print driver generated PDFs. One workaround in that case is to use/print from the "Export to PDF" option which doesn't exhibit the line drawing problems in the Apple VM as it generates PDFs independently of the print driver.

ed
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Testing All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2