NeoOffice :: View topic - Creating an Aqua toolbar icon set
Creating an Aqua toolbar icon set

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Development
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sardisson
Town Crier
Town Crier

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 10:45 am    Post subject:

The one bad "small generic template" icon from my original set that stuck out like a sore thumb has been replaced by Daniel's good replacement one, so from my perspective it looks good. But Daniel and Armando have a better handle on the overall state of Akua....

Smokey

The One
The One

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 11:10 am    Post subject:

Please note that I am assembling icons for the 2.1 release. Due to our deadlines, Sunday night will be the last opportunity to squeeze in any updates for the main 2.1 release. I'll check back 8PM PST Sunday (after BG) to assemble the release set before the replay.

ed
djpimley
The Anomaly
(earlier version)

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 3:56 pm    Post subject:

pluby wrote:
I've reuploaded the correct images.zip to the same URL. Can you verify that that one works?

It looks correct to me. Just that missing cloud callout... darn it. I think your build process is working fine.

Armando, any chance you could come to my aid and add the cloud callout from my updated elements to the Akua set?
Punto_Mac
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 6:07 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Armando, any chance you could come to my aid and add the cloud callout from my updated elements to the Akua set?

I've replaced my images.zip to the same URL:

http://homepage.mac.com/punto_mac/projects/neo/downloads/Akua_March_Release.dmg

Armando
djpimley
The Anomaly
(earlier version)

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 6:46 pm    Post subject:

Thanks! Very Happy
OPENSTEP
The One
The One

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 1:18 pm    Post subject:

OK I've grabbed those new sets and integrated them with CVS. I'll check back again around 8 to see if there are any further changes.

ed
sardisson
Town Crier
Town Crier

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 2:16 pm    Post subject:

OPENSTEP wrote:
I'll check back 8PM PST Sunday (after BG) to assemble the release set before the replay.

Good to see you have your priorities straight Smile

Smokey

The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 2:16 pm    Post subject:

OPENSTEP wrote:
OK I've grabbed those new sets and integrated them with CVS. I'll check back again around 8 to see if there are any further changes.

...and I have uploaded my images.zip that uses Ed's copies in cvs here. Please double-check that everything looks OK in this file.

Patrick
djpimley
The Anomaly
(earlier version)

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 2:32 pm    Post subject:

pluby wrote:
Please double-check that everything looks OK in this file.

Looks good to me.
OPENSTEP
The One
The One

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 2:33 pm    Post subject:

sardisson wrote:
OPENSTEP wrote:
I'll check back 8PM PST Sunday (after BG) to assemble the release set before the replay.

Good to see you have your priorities straight Smile

Hey, gotta leave that hour inbetween replays...

ed
OPENSTEP
The One
The One

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 2:33 pm    Post subject:

djpimley wrote:
pluby wrote:
Please double-check that everything looks OK in this file.

Looks good to me.

Cool. I'll commence on tagging for our release.

ed
Lorinda
Captain Mifune

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 1:32 pm    Post subject:

I really enjoy the new icons, and I appreciate the work that went into them. I have discovered one small issue with the "formatting paintbrush" icon that appears (or can appear) on the formatting toolbar. NeoOffice's help file says that once you have clicked on the paintbrush once (to copy the style) the icon becomes a paint can and you can click on it again to paste the style to another paragraph, etc. The new icon does not switch to a paint can. The backgroud of it, however, does darken.

I don't see this as a big deal; I figured out what was going on pretty quickly. But given Ed's comment in another thread about the icons I figured it was worth mentioning, even if it isn't worth "fixing."

Lorinda
aussie149
The Merovingian

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 6:31 pm    Post subject: Icon size

I wonder whether it is not time to look at a larger size for the icons in OpenOffice.org/ NeoOffice? As we get bigger screens and go for bigger resolution, the standard icon sizes get relatively smaller. The "small" size is strcitly for novelty value on higher resolution screens. I think the point is made in these shots, of Akua and of the upcoming Tango [which will replace Industrial in a later version of OpenOffice.org - and hence NeoOffice].

Here's Tango

and Akua

Notice how much of the top toolbar space is left vacant. This is on a 20" iMac @ 1680x1050, but even then I have drawn in the right margin of Writer by 25% to square up the screenshot, so it probably looks much like this on a 17" screen. I imagine that icons of as much as 36x36 could comfortably fit on the toolbars of the 2010s machines. I know it's not just a NeoOffice issue, because these things are decided in OpenOffice.org, but I'd be interested to know whether others here are thinking along the same lines.

Peter

PS I know the icons get bigger if you turn down the resolution, but that sort of defeats the whole point of being able to use all that extra real estate for two page views etc etc.
sardisson
Town Crier
Town Crier

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 8:08 pm    Post subject:

Unless OOo has changed the code in 2.2, icons were getting clipped or poorly scaled down when Armando was using larger icons, iirc.

Smokey

The Merovingian

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 9:14 pm    Post subject: Icon size

Hi Smokey
Yes, it's not possible to go bigger than 26x26 currently I think. The issue is, should OpenOffice.org be looking to go up from there, given screen sizes and resolutions have now changed significantly?
Peter
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Development All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25  Next
Page 22 of 25