· Twitter @NeoOffice

Downloads
· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - Slide Show does not take whole screen
Slide Show does not take whole screen

NeoOffice Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org MacOS X X11 Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
frankygoes

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2004 1:48 pm    Post subject: Slide Show does not take whole screen

I just installed OpenOffice on my PowerBook G4 with X11 but when I go into the slide show mode I still have the Apple top bar which cuts part of the presentation. In other, I cannot have the full screen displaying the presentation.

Any way of tweaking this ?

Thks
Terry Teague

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2004 12:43 am    Post subject: Re: Slide Show does not take whole screen

frankygoes wrote:
I just installed OpenOffice on my PowerBook G4 with X11 but when I go into the slide show mode I still have the Apple top bar which cuts part of the presentation. In other, I cannot have the full screen displaying the presentation.

Any way of tweaking this ?

Thks

Sorry, I don't know the answer, but the question comes up frequently - suggest using the Search function (the one at the top of this window) to see if anyone can enlighten you (I don't believe there is an actual solution).

Regards, Terry
OPENSTEP
The One
The One

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2004 10:24 pm    Post subject:

XDarwin and X11.app have an option to run in "full-screen" mode where they take over your entire monitor. When running in this mode, only X11 windows are visible...you explicitly switch between X11 and your regular Mac OS X environment. Full screen mode is the only way in which you can deliver full-screen presentations through OOo.

If you're looking for a more "convenient" solution, give NeoOffice/J a try. Under Panther boxes you can easily do nice full-screen presentations without the menubar existing at the top of the field.

ed
frankygoes

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2004 9:10 am    Post subject:

Thks for the answers. I did try Full Screen Mode in X11...it works. Question with respect to NeoOffice/J. I read in posting and on the site that this is a "programmer" release which I am not really. More business user. So, OPENSTEP suggest that I use NeoOffice/J which I have to admit has been tempting me a lot. Can I use it with confidence ?

Thks
sardisson
Town Crier
Town Crier

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2004 1:59 pm    Post subject:

frankygoes wrote:
Question with respect to NeoOffice/J. I read in posting and on the site that this is a "programmer" release which I am not really. More business user. So, OPENSTEP suggest that I use NeoOffice/J which I have to admit has been tempting me a lot. Can I use it with confidence ?

Somewhere in these fora there's a post from Patrick Luby (developer of Neo/J) that gives a more detailed explanation of that caveat. I can't find it at the moment, but (with apologies to Patrick) it's something along the lines of "it means there may be bugs, and the bugs may not all get fixed/be fixable, and some features may not be implemented."

That said, he's worked around lots of bugs in Apple's Java VM, has been releasing bugfixes pretty regularly, and has almost fully implemented OOo 1.0.3 (the big thing that's missing is scroll-wheel support, IIRC). And I think most of us who frequent these fora use Neo/J for our day-to-day Office document work (though several are developers, so how much a developer needs Office documents on a daily basis is a bit murky). Smile

I'd say you can use it with confidence--as long as you recognize that there is a possibility that you might run into an issue. Smile

Smokey
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org MacOS X X11 Support All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1