· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - Complaints 101
Complaints 101

NeoOffice Forum Index -> Ranting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
aussie149
The Merovingian

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 9:52 pm    Post subject: Complaints 101

Is it just me, or are the number of just-installed-must-complainers growing by the day? You know what I mean, the guy [always a guy] who has just downloaded NeoOffice, and feels the first thing he must do is to complain that this feature of MS Office is not in the exact same place in NeoOffice. I must admit I feel sorry for Ed and Patrick every time I read one of these. Was I like that? Unfortunately, I looked up my first post and found it was way too long - and ended with a request to change the colour of the background [back a couple of years]! So: guilty, Peter. Read these whinges and hope that one day they too will see the light.
OPENSTEP
The One
The One

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 10:30 pm    Post subject:

When the number of users you have increases by an order of magnitude, the complaints do too Smile

ed
yoxi
Cipher

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 11:18 pm    Post subject:

People rarely report into fora anywhere just to say 'hey, this is good/great' so I think it's a very good sign that folk are bothering to do that as well.

Personally, I'm fascinated by the way people will say 'NeoOffice should do this/that/the other' rather than simply enquiring whether it does already, and then if not, why not. I think it's some kind of adolescent anti-authoritarian thing.

And I've done it myself too - I'll make a joke to disguise my petulance when something doesn't work the way I want it to Smile

- padmavyuha
LemonAid
The Anomaly

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 12:30 pm    Post subject:

yoxi wrote:
People rarely report into fora anywhere just to say 'hey, this is good/great' so I think it's a very good sign that folk are bothering to do that as well.

Personally, I'm fascinated by the way people will say 'NeoOffice should do this/that/the other' rather than simply enquiring whether it does already, and then if not, why not. I think it's some kind of adolescent anti-authoritarian thing.

And I've done it myself too - I'll make a joke to disguise my petulance when something doesn't work the way I want it to Smile

- padmavyuha
Peter - Yes
and I think I agree with what yoxi said too.

Embarassed "I" am sorry that I have felt the need to ... respond "firmly" to these posts.
I'm thinkin about taking the summary of these post and making one stickie. Confused
Then I think - they don't read these anyway.

sigh. That is why I commented about the "Thanks -this is GREAT post".
Overall it's a GOOD thing. More people - more ... opinions! Rolling Eyes

I must say - in trolling the Internet for "NeoOffice 2.1" postings, there are an outstanding number that think Neo will allow Users to finally replace MSO. Very Happy

Philip ( Old West Quote: " Folks would complain if they got hung with a ... new rope!" Wink )

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 7:59 am    Post subject: Re: Complaints 101

aussie149 wrote:
Is it just me, or are the number of just-installed-must-complainers growing by the day? You know what I mean, the guy [always a guy] who has just downloaded NeoOffice, and feels the first thing he must do is to complain that this feature of MS Office is not in the exact same place in NeoOffice. I must admit I feel sorry for Ed and Patrick every time I read one of these. Was I like that? Unfortunately, I looked up my first post and found it was way too long - and ended with a request to change the colour of the background [back a couple of years]! So: guilty, Peter. Read these whinges and hope that one day they too will see the light.

"Was I like that?"

Probably, but you helped push Neo to the beautiful look of NeoOffice 2.1 today. Most changes/advancements start with an idea or a complaint...
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> Ranting All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1