· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - Automated restrooms
Automated restrooms

NeoOffice Forum Index -> Ranting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AppleCoder
Blue Pill

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 4:58 pm    Post subject: Automated restrooms

Not sure if this is a complaint or just an out loud thought, but everyone here as at least been into a restroom with an automated flusher, faucet, or towel dispenser.

I have still not seen a place that has all three. Some have two, the flusher and the faucet, and many have just one--I was in one bathroom that had the automated towel dispenser, but everything else was old school--seemed out of place.

I just went to an all exclusive Country Club in California--the mens club house looked like the one on caddy shack, just 4 times as big and 100 times more elaborate; however, nothing was automated.

And went to a tiny little off the path petrol station and they has auto flushers in their beat up, dilapidated, smelly restroom.

I just don't get why they put those things in some places and not in others.

AC

BTW Love NeoOffice. One thing it should do is destroy MS Office
LemonAid
The Anomaly

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 7:40 pm    Post subject:

grin,

Here is Southern California a lot of places are putting these devices in to "Conserve Water". Using automated flushers and faucets greatly reduce water waste (tee hee - I said "waste" Wink ). No more running faucets (If you have kids at home - you know about this!).

OH, and I have been in many places that have all three!
I had to visit several times before I figured out my first automatic faucet.
Now, most places post a sign to warn the user. Confused

Sometimes Businesses get reduce Water rates and/or rebates to install these.
It's funny how regulations and rebates can cause things to ... change!

My pet peeve: Reduced Flow toilets - especially in public commercial businesses. Confused
What bureaucrats can up with this - without increase water pressure! Evil or Very Mad

Philip ( Ranting about ... WHAT?!? Wink )

PS Welcome to NeoOffice AppleCoder!

ovvldc
Captain Naiobi

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 11:06 pm    Post subject:

Shit happens...
OPENSTEP
The One
The One

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 7:52 pm    Post subject:

My pet peeve...

Single ply.

Even my college only had single ply. Is it really that difficult to go double ply?

I have yet to see an automatic TP dispenser. I bet they exist, however.

ed
yoxi
Cipher

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 12:03 am    Post subject:

<British>The thing that winds me up me in public toilets is the taps where you press the top to get some water, and either the little squirt stops by the time you get your hands back under it, or they go on running for about a minute, wasting water away... oh, and as for loo paper, we get those biiiig rolls in a dispenser where you can't find the end of it to pull any off the roll - or it comes off one perforation at a time, which is not helpful. Oh, and the paper towel dispensers that are stuffed too full (and where the stuffer didn't realise there's a right way round to stuff the towels) so the floor around the dispenser is petalled with little bits because you go to pull a towel with your wet hand, and there's just enough resistance that you end up with a little triangle instead of the whole towel. Oh, and they smell bad (gents loos, anyway). I read about a scheme they have in Schiphol airport loos where each urinal has a little fly painted on it as part of the manufacture process, somewhere at the back of the bowl, and apparently having something to aim at keeps the floors a lot cleaner Smile</British>

- padmavyuha
Dragonfly14
Sentinel

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 3:28 am    Post subject:

Trees, GentleMEN, trees.

Nothing like a tree in the middle of a paddock, shields you from the prying eyes of Google thingo, something to aim at, something to commune with with your dog. (DOG). A wondeful shade for a mid-day siesta but has nothing to do with faucets, water, or paper dispensers. (Except perhaps to dream (if trees can dream) of being mulched up into paper towel at Schiphol airporto !).

Ahhh, the power of a good rant.

Ooroo
yoxi
Cipher

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 9:06 am    Post subject:

I think there was a Kliban cartoon once of a stand of trees, each with a sign on it saying 'soon to be a major best seller'.

I'm curious - what (if anything) do Americans call the little deodoriser lumps you get in some public urinals? I was delighted to discover that in Australia they're known as 'trough lollies', which I can only assume is because it sounds like 'cough lollies' which is the Oz equivalent of the British 'cough sweets'. (Not everything hath a name...)

- padmavyuha
OPENSTEP
The One
The One

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 9:19 am    Post subject:

I always called them "urinal cakes". No idea about the origins of that one Smile

ed
MacRat
Sake Horner
Sake Horner

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 1:20 pm    Post subject:

OPENSTEP wrote:
I always called them "urinal cakes". No idea about the origins of that one Smile

ed

What? You've never sampled one?
OPENSTEP
The One
The One

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 7:28 pm    Post subject:

MacRat wrote:
What? You've never sampled one?

BLEH!

ed
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> Ranting All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1