Downloads
· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - "Link could not be updated": can't link to passwor
"Link could not be updated": can't link to passwor

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Releases
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GDB
Blue Pill

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 7:33 am    Post subject: "Link could not be updated": can't link to passwor

I'm tearing my hair apart now; I can't import data from ANY PASSWORD PROTECTED website using the Link to External Data.

The result is always a text "Link could not be updated".

1. I entered the website URL as usual
2. A second window pops up asking the login/password, which I entered
3. NeoOffice "confirmed existence" by showing me all the different tables available for download
4. This is when things just don't work; regardless of the table I choose, the result is always "Link could not be updated".

Works fine on other pages by the same provider/domain name. Only the password protected sites don't work.

Help please. Otherwise I'm switching back to Windows.
GDB
Blue Pill

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 4:47 am    Post subject:

BUMP, can't believe I'm the only one having this problem!?!?!?!
Samwise
Captain Naiobi

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 7:30 am    Post subject:

Looks like no one here knows the answer to your question. Chances are that our regulars do not use this function with password-protected websites. May I suggest asking your question on OOoForum.org ?
Lorinda
Captain Mifune

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 7:38 am    Post subject:

I think Samwise is right that this is not a feature commonly used by those who frequent this forum. I know I've never tried to do it. Your best bet is the OOo forum Samwise directed you to. If you don't find answers there, I'm willing to test the process out to see if I have the same problem, but I would need a very detailed set of instructions from you, and password protected table to try to link to (obviously this would need to be a set of dummy test data, not an actual set of data that needs to be password protected).

Unfortunately, I can't test to see if this is an OpenOffice.org bug, as I don't run OOo. If it is, there's nothing the NeoOffice developers will be able to do about it.

Lorinda
GDB
Blue Pill

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 8:47 pm    Post subject:

Thanks guys for the tip; I headed down to OOo and apparently others are facing similar (if not worse) issues.

No luck so far, back to Microsoft Office for me.
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Releases All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1