Support
· Forums
· NeoOffice Support
· NeoWiki

Announcements
· Twitter @NeoOffice

Downloads
· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - Where can I download version 2.0 of NeoOffice?
Where can I download version 2.0 of NeoOffice?

NeoOffice Forum Index -> Server Outages
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vtowel
Red Pill

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 1:02 pm    Post subject: Where can I download version 2.0 of NeoOffice?

Ever since upgrading to NeoOffice 2.1, my invoice template's macros have ceased to run. I don't have the time to figure out why they're suddenly dead, but I need them to work pronto. So I'd like to downgrade to NeoOffice 2.0. Unfortunately, it seems to have been pulled from all the mirrors. I've searched Google for a copy of version 2.0 with no luck.

How can I get a copy of it? For a piece of open-source software, it's rather unusual that older binaries of the program are deleted from the servers.

Thanks!
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 1:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Where can I download version 2.0 of NeoOffice?

vtowel wrote:
Ever since upgrading to NeoOffice 2.1, my invoice template's macros have ceased to run. I don't have the time to figure out why they're suddenly dead, but I need them to work pronto. So I'd like to downgrade to NeoOffice 2.0. Unfortunately, it seems to have been pulled from all the mirrors. I've searched Google for a copy of version 2.0 with no luck.

Well, we don't have the time or money to maintian more than one release for two platforms.

Your best bet is to ask your real question: how do I move my Neo 2.0 macro libraries to Neo 2.1. Assuming that is your issue, you can try the following:

1. Select the Tools :: Macros :: Organize Dialogs menu
2. In the dialog that appears, click on the Libraries tab
3. Click the Import button and navigate to the ~/Library/Preferences/NeoOffice-2.x/user/basic folder (this is where your old macros should be)
4. Select one of the custom macro files in one of your custom library subfolders (ignore the Standard subfolder) and repeat the step 3 until you have all of your macros.

Patrick
vtowel
Red Pill

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 1:53 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Well, we don't have the time or money to maintian more than one release for two platforms.

Of course, I generally wouldn't expect that of any piece of software. But other open source projects I'm familiar with don't usually make past versions of their software inaccessible until it's seriously outdated. I'm not interested in having a previous version maintained, I just want to be able to download it from somewhere. I guess I can compile it from source, but I'm sure that's a whole other can of worms.

Thanks for the tip about migrating scripts over, but it's not a migration problem. The macros I'm referring to are stored in my .odt file, not in ~/Library/Preferences/NeoOffice.... I have no trouble seeing the functions, and they are still linked to events like when the form loads and the data record changes, but they simply don't get executed, and I have no idea why. (And I am definitely clicking "Enable Macros" when I open the file.)

Come to think of it, maybe it's not version 2.0 that I want a copy of. I think it's just the upgrade which caused the toolbar icons to change (gotten themed or whatever) that has brought about this problem. Do you know which version of NeoOffice preceded that change?
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 2:06 pm    Post subject:

vtowel wrote:
Thanks for the tip about migrating scripts over, but it's not a migration problem. The macros I'm referring to are stored in my .odt file, not in ~/Library/Preferences/NeoOffice.... I have no trouble seeing the functions, and they are still linked to events like when the form loads and the data record changes, but they simply don't get executed, and I have no idea why. (And I am definitely clicking "Enable Macros" when I open the file.)

Documents in macros should still work in Neo 2.1 if they worked in Neo 2.0 as the underlying OpenOffice.org code that parses and runs macros (we use the underlying OOo code unmodified) did not change significantly between the two versions.

I suspect that something very fixable is occurring. Can you file a bug in Bugzilla and include in your bug a brief set of steps that I can run to reproduce the problem and attach a sample file? Then I can see if this works in my installations as well as in various different OOo versions.

Patrick
Samwise
Captain Naiobi

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 3:08 pm    Post subject:

pluby wrote:
Documents in macros should still work in Neo 2.1 if they worked in Neo 2.0 as the underlying OpenOffice.org code that parses and runs macros (we use the underlying OOo code unmodified) did not change significantly between the two versions.

Except that ooo-build does change the OOo macro code, and this sometimes doesn't only affect Calc (as in bug 2289).
vtowel
Red Pill

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 5:38 pm    Post subject:

Code:
I suspect that something very fixable is occurring. Can you file a bug in Bugzilla and include in your bug a brief set of steps that I can run to reproduce the problem and attach a sample file? Then I can see if this works in my installations as well as in various different OOo versions.

It's probably very fixable, but to be honest, I really don't have the time right now to submit bug reports and the like. I need to send off an invoice so I can continue my work here. I'd certainly like to help make NeoOffice better and I would definitely submit a bug report later when I wasn't in such a pickle (because I'd eventually have to upgrade NeoOffice to the next version anyway). But right now, a copy of the previous version of NeoOffice would be very handy. Since it's not, though, I guess I'll download and install OOo for the time being.

Thanks for your help.
vtowel
Red Pill

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 5:54 pm    Post subject: Never mind

I figured out what was wrong. My data source got deleted, which was a result of my having deleted my old preferences folder when I upgraded NeoOffice, as something in that folder was causing the latest upgrade of NeoOffice to hang. (I had read somewhere that the best thing to try in that situation is to delete the preferences folder, which worked.) I just forgot to recreate the data source. I recreated it and now my invoice template works again.

Sorry for the trouble, but thanks anyway for the suggestions.
Lorinda
Captain Mifune

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 6:10 pm    Post subject:

vtowel,

I'm glad you found the solution. For future reference, it is usually better to drag the preferences file to the desktop to see if that fixes the problem, instead of deleting it altogether. Then you can salvage important items from the preferences (backups, templates, etc.) There's an article explaining how to that in the wiki.

Some folks also keep an archived copy of their preferences around for such occasions.

Lorinda
vtowel
Red Pill

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 6:25 pm    Post subject:

Sorry, I should have said "renamed" instead of "deleted". I did keep a backup of it. Smile
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> Server Outages All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1