Support
· Forums
· NeoOffice Support
· NeoWiki

Announcements
· Twitter @NeoOffice

Downloads
· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - OOo 1.1.2 installer quitting silently after authentification
OOo 1.1.2 installer quitting silently after authentification

NeoOffice Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org MacOS X X11 Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2004 1:50 am    Post subject: OOo 1.1.2 installer quitting silently after authentification

On my German OS 10.3.4 system, the OOo 1.1.2 installer quits silently after authentification.
I removed my older OOo 1.1.0 install und .sversionrc, which didn't seem to help.

This is what my console log says:

2004-07-06 09:45:08.958 Install_OpenOffice.org1.1.2[792] osError = 0

[JavaAppLauncher Error] CallStaticVoidMethod() threw an exception

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/zerog/awt/ZGStandardDialog

at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method)

at java.lang.Class.forName(Class.java:190)

at apple.launcher.LaunchRunner.loadMainMethod(LaunchRunner.java:55)

at apple.launcher.LaunchRunner.run(LaunchRunner.java:84)

at apple.launcher.LaunchRunner.callMain(LaunchRunner.java:50)

at apple.launcher.JavaApplicationLauncher.launch(JavaApplicationLauncher.java:52)

My java version is

java version "1.4.2_03"
Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.4.2_03-117.1)
Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 1.4.2-34, mixed mode)

Any pointers are greatly appreciated!
sardisson
Town Crier
Town Crier

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2004 4:40 pm    Post subject:

My guess is that you are running in to some form of the Installer's Java issues--Ed or Terry can probably say more about it.

As a work-around, you can try the steps mentioned in this FAQ topic: Installing OpenOffice.org 1.1.2: The installer is crashing at the splashscreen!

Smokey
OPENSTEP
The One
The One

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2004 9:54 am    Post subject:

Hmm, well, the installer will still be using Java 1.3 on your machine and not 1.4.2. There are problems with some of the image classes in 1.4.2 that will make the installer die a quick death.

It sounds as if the installer is not able to set its classpath right. Are you installing from the dimage or from some other disk? If you copied the dimage contents to another disk you'll need to rename it so it's less then 31 characters due to limitations in the old VM.

Another thing to try is to launch the installer directly and not from the alias. Go into the "MacOSX" folder on the dimage and you'll see the actual Installer file (the one at the top level of the dimage is an alias). Try launching the installer from that one.

If none of those work, then let me know and we'll see if we can get any other information from the ZeroG forums Very Happy

ed

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2004 1:28 pm    Post subject: Solved - for reasons unknownst to me ;-)

Today I managed to install OOo from an newly created user account.
I don't know why, but it worked.
Thanks especially to smokey for this hint!
OPENSTEP
The One
The One

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2004 9:28 am    Post subject:

This workaround seems to have worked for a number of people, but I don't know exactly why...by any chance had you installed any custom fonts into your other user account's home directory/Library/Fonts folder?

Most people's crashlogs seem to be pointing to a font issue, but I haven't been able to get them to reproduce and am trying to nail down the precise issue. I've never seen it on any of my machines and haven't been able to recreate the installer crashes (with the exception of the low disk space ones).

ed
sardisson
Town Crier
Town Crier

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2004 12:27 pm    Post subject:

OPENSTEP wrote:
This workaround seems to have worked for a number of people, but I don't know exactly why...by any chance had you installed any custom fonts into your other user account's home directory/Library/Fonts folder?

Ed, I just "tested" this by removing all the fonts from my main ~/Library/Fonts, logging out and in, and trying to install again. I still get the crash at the splash screen. (I also had fonts in that folder when it crashed on 1.1.1 installer and when it worked on one of the 1.1.2 iterations). So that's not the cause in my case, unfortunately, even though I do see some fonts stuff in the crash log Sad

Smokey
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org MacOS X X11 Support All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1