Support
· Forums
· NeoOffice Support
· NeoWiki

Announcements
· Twitter @NeoOffice

Downloads
· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - Integrate print settings in standard Mac OS X print dialog
Integrate print settings in standard Mac OS X print dialog

NeoOffice Forum Index -> New Features Program
View previous topic :: View next topic  
znerd
Sentinel

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 3:05 am    Post subject: Integrate print settings in standard Mac OS X print dialog

After confirming the Print dialog (Cmd-P) another dialog is shown, asking for advanced settings.

For an Mac OS X-integrated experience hese advanced settings should be integrated in the standard print dialog.
amayze
The Merovingian

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 4:59 am    Post subject:

Dear znerd,

I hope you are finding NeoOffice a useful tool. Thank you for all of your suggestion for improvements to NeoOffice. Some of them you can do yourself, some may not but feasible, and other's whilst possible will require a significant amount of work by the (2) NeoOffice Developers.

If you haven't already, perhaps you would like to support further developments to NeoOffice by contributing funds to the project.

If you want to know more about the history of some of the points you have raised, try searching the forums here, or take a look at the Wiki.

Andy.
znerd
Sentinel

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 5:15 am    Post subject:

[quote]I hope you are finding NeoOffice a useful tool.[/quote]

Definitely! Otherwise I wouldn't have taken the time to list some suggestions.

Donating funds to NeoOffice is not something I can afford at the moment, although I really appreciate the work that has been done.

What I could possibly do is aid in the development of NeoOffice by spending some coding hours on the project. However, this would require some support from the current developers.

Perhaps a session for interested developers would be a great way to attract some more programming heroes. Or a screencast of some sort?

[quote]If you want to know more about the history of some of the points you have raised, try searching the forums here, or take a look at the Wiki.[/quote]

I have done that on occasions, but I wasn't able to find a clear RFE database, until I found this forum here, today...

Cheers,

Ernst de Haan
ovvldc
Captain Naiobi

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 1:52 pm    Post subject:

znerd wrote:
What I could possibly do is aid in the development of NeoOffice by spending some coding hours on the project. However, this would require some support from the current developers.

I am not sure a few hours will be enough to get a handle on something quite so convoluted as the OOo/NeoO codebase.. But then again I am not a coder. I do hope you find a way to contribute.

Best wishes,
Oscar van Vliet

\ Who spent last week learning how to do modelling in C++
\\ Which is very different from application coding

pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 2:19 pm    Post subject:

ovvldc wrote:
I am not sure a few hours will be enough to get a handle on something quite so convoluted as the OOo/NeoO codebase.. But then again I am not a coder. I do hope you find a way to contribute.

Oscar is correct. It took me a few hours just to find the various places in the OOo code where the document's paper size and orientation are stored. After finding and reviewing the code, it is pretty clear that to just make the native dialog in the File :: Printer Settings dialog to sync to what the document has in its document settings would require changes to the OOo code in at least a dozen different shared libraries. That is not trivial work.

With that said, I have found a way to hack the native Cocoa dialog so that controls that have no effect (i.e. the paper size and orientation controls) are not displayed. You can test out this change by installing the test patch listed at the end of the following topic:

http://trinity.neooffice.org/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=4373

Patrick
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> New Features Program All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1