Downloads
· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - NeoOffice(/J) Community Relations
NeoOffice(/J) Community Relations

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoWiki and Website Development
View previous topic :: View next topic  
knutkja
Captain

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 10:50 am    Post subject: Re: Technical Question about Press Style

sardisson wrote:
, do we need to change "FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE" to something like "FOR RELEASE ON $release_date"?

Is that how the press stuff works?

Smokey

Well, more or less. But in my experience, media is not very happy for "release on $release_date" or any kind of influence on how and when they "print stories". (This might be a local thing, but I think not. I guess it has something to do with the increased competition between different media channels and the need for exclusive stories.) I think that media consider that they can publish a story as soon as the like, to be the first to bring the news.

Knut
ovvldc
Captain Naiobi

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 11:06 am    Post subject: Re: Technical Question about Press Style

knutkja wrote:
Well, more or less. But in my experience, media is not very happy for "release on $release_date" or any kind of influence on how and when they "print stories". (This might be a local thing, but I think not. I guess it has something to do with the increased competition between different media channels and the need for exclusive stories.) I think that media consider that they can publish a story as soon as the like, to be the first to bring the news.

AFAICR, you can put the press release to a date. If you do not specifiy it is under embargo until then, the press can run with it as they please. Used to be that media respected your dates to increasew the chance you'd send them something again later. That has pretty much gone, aided by increased leaking.

But why would we worry? If you state it will be released on the 22nd, nobody will report before then, unless it is one of those 'much anticipated preview' articles. Software related press know their reader will want to download it right after reading (or not). Only thing we might do it put up a notice on the download page that it 1.1 wil be released at X, so that anyone who reads an early article is not deceived and starts complaining.

The whole point behind press releases is that the press has time to prepare the article. That is what we want, so why worry? It might be good to not at the bottom that the latest RC with all the patches wil be equivalent to 1.1 final, so any press can actually test it Smile.

my 2 cents.

Oscar

LemonAid
The Anomaly

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 3:16 pm    Post subject:

I followed Smokeys update in the Wiki to this message.

Here are some new postings (5-2007) that suggest users use NeoOffice 2.1:

Quote:
The ultimate home office
Whether your budget is big or small, we’ve got the perfect Mac setup for you
http://www.macworld.com/2007/04/features/ultimateoffice/index.php?pf=1

Twenty Must-Have Mac Apps
http://www.macinstruct.com/node/139

Philip ( how "cool" is that! Cool )
sardisson
Town Crier
Town Crier

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 11:56 pm    Post subject:

Isn't there a newer thread where we're collecting these mentions? If so, we should probably change that link....

Smokey
/too
//many
///threads
////wiki articles

Captain Mifune

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 7:25 am    Post subject:

Well, the Macworld article is also mentioned here:

http://trinity.neooffice.org/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=4161&highlight=macworld

Seems like there was a thread with links regarding the 2.1 release, but I didn't try to find it.
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoWiki and Website Development All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6