Support
· Forums
· NeoOffice Support
· NeoWiki

Announcements
· Twitter @NeoOffice

Downloads
· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - Live words/chars count ?
Live words/chars count ?

NeoOffice Forum Index -> New Features Program
View previous topic :: View next topic  
David_b
Blue Pill

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 5:05 am    Post subject: Live words/chars count ?

Hello everybody,

First post here so let me congrats you for the great work you are doing with NeoOffice Very Happy

I am still in the process of comparing OOo/X11 and NeoOffice use on my computer, for personal and professional writing (so, I only use Writer).

I hope not to be off topic by posting this question here : I would like to know if it is possible to add a live words/characters count in the bottom "task" bar ? Or anywhere always visible?
I am a journalist and a technical writer with a constant need of this feature. That would be a most welcome add-on Smile

No need to say I'll gladly support this work, if you think it's possible.

Town Crier
Town Crier

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 10:31 am    Post subject:

Does anyone else recall having seen a "macro" that does this? I think I have, but can't find it now Sad

Smokey

Cipher

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 11:53 am    Post subject:

I don't know of a macro for live count data - there is a fast (but not necessarily completely accurate) word/char count (and other useful macros) by Andrew Brown and there's a discussion here about its shortcomings and a slower more accurate alternative - but neither of these is a live count.

- padmavyuha (on the way out of the door...)
David_b
Blue Pill

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 12:06 pm    Post subject:

Hi,

@sardisson:
Thxs for the idea. It made me think I'ld try to use a keyboard shorcut. It is not as convenient as a real live counter, but better than nothing Smile

If anyone is interested here is where one can set a shortcut to the 'statistics' (Sorry, screenshot is not in English, as I do use a French version of Neo Wink )

It must be located somewhere like Tools->Personnalize and in the keyboard tab

It will do, I guess. But I am still very interested in something more simple/convenient (like Bean's, for example)

@yoxi:
thxs, I'll have a look Smile

Cipher

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 1:01 pm    Post subject:

Just to clarify, the advantage of the two macros I mentioned above is that they can both count the words in a selection as well as in the entire document. I have Andrew's and the other one set up with the shortcuts cmd-K and cmd-shift-K so I can compare them...
Bonne chance...

- padmavyuha
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> New Features Program All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1