· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - NeoOffice 2.2.1 now builds
NeoOffice 2.2.1 now builds

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Development
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 5:01 pm    Post subject: NeoOffice 2.2.1 now builds

FYI. I got NeoOffice 2.2.1 to build the way through and install. It doesn't have the native spellchecker and there are some issue with exporting to PDF, but the code will mostly work at the point.

Patrik
Samwise
Captain Naiobi

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 12:30 pm    Post subject:

FWIW, in my 2.2.1 build that the NeoOffice > About NeoOffice dialog reports Neo 2.2.1 EA as "NeoOffice 2.2.1 Patch 0" (no mention of "Early Access").

Also, I've noticed that the OOo spellcheck dialog offers an "Add" option. Is there any possibility, when the native spellchecker is used, to have this "Add" function behave like "Learn" in Text Edit ? Or does it require too much work / you don't know where to look for in OOo or Mac OS X ?
OPENSTEP
The One
The One

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 1:41 pm    Post subject:

Yeah all of this is still being cleaned up.

At this point, I believe the extent of our scope is to treat the native spellchecker as a client only, e.g. that we won't be adding the ability to extend the native dictionary just yet. Patrick, feel free to clarify on that point if required.

ed
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 2:28 pm    Post subject:

Samwise wrote:
FWIW, in my 2.2.1 build that the NeoOffice > About NeoOffice dialog reports Neo 2.2.1 EA as "NeoOffice 2.2.1 Patch 0" (no mention of "Early Access").

FYI. I have fixed this bug in the makefile and I have merged the fix for bug 2517 into the vcl module.

OPENSTEP wrote:
At this point, I believe the extent of our scope is to treat the native spellchecker as a client only, e.g. that we won't be adding the ability to extend the native dictionary just yet. Patrick, feel free to clarify on that point if required.

Ed is correct. We want to make sure that the native spellchecking works correctly before we start pushing changes back into the native spellchecker. Also, making that change is elsewhere in the OOo code so we need to figure out how (and it may not be feasible) to keep OOo's standard.dic file in sync with the native spellchecker's learned word list.

Patrick
Samwise
Captain Naiobi

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 2:56 pm    Post subject:

I should try to convince your wife that we absolutely need this Very Happy

(just kidding)
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 11:30 am    Post subject:

FYI. I had to retag the build this morning and it will require a full rebuild. Specifically, I incorporated several new patches from OOo IssueZilla to the native Address Book code.

Patrick
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 8:40 pm    Post subject:

pluby wrote:
FYI. I had to retag the build this morning and it will require a full rebuild. Specifically, I incorporated several new patches from OOo IssueZilla to the native Address Book code.

FYI. While my rebuild worked fine, I noticed some minor problems and had to commit and retag some changes.

Patrick
ovvldc
Captain Naiobi

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 10:57 pm    Post subject:

It sounds like a lot of last-minute changes.
Will you be done in time for the EAP deadline?

-Oz
Samwise
Captain Naiobi

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 4:33 am    Post subject:

He's still got about a week (if necessary, he could do at least three full builds until EAP - I just hope he doesn't have to) Smile

Edit : Of course, he still needs to update the website, although we may be able to help him a bit with this task.

Edit 2 : Should we perhaps create a new wiki page like NeoOffice 2.1 Release Tasks, but listing more tasks that can be done by our regulars instead of Patrick & Ed (I wonder how much we can do though) ?
ovvldc
Captain Naiobi

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 8:53 am    Post subject:

Well, I understand that as one gets further to a release, one would ideally do only smaller, incremental changes..

But your point is a good one. Some parts are already done, such as translating some outdated parts of the website.

More tasks could be added, and I assume a few of the tasks on the 2.1 release schedule were 2.1 specific.

Best wishes,
Oscar

Samwise
Captain Naiobi

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 9:24 am    Post subject:

The problem with the 2.1 release tasks is that all of them except one require (write) access to CVS or the main website ...
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 9:51 am    Post subject:

Samwise wrote:
He's still got about a week (if necessary, he could do at least three full builds until EAP - I just hope he doesn't have to) Smile

Samwise is correct, I have been estimating engineering effort for many years now and I don't announce a release until I am damn sure that I can meet it. Hence, I never make grand release announcements a year in advance like most software companies. Wink

Seriously, the build is already done. The only changes that you are seeing are Address Book bug fixes received from OOo and a movement of a small amount of existing code from one layer of the build to another.

Samwise wrote:
Edit : Of course, he still needs to update the website, although we may be able to help him a bit with this task.

Exactly, I esimated that the last two weeks before release I would spend 90% of my time working on changing over the old EAP system to drive off of cumulative, multi-currency donations instead of direct "product" purchases. Sure enough, after a week of working on it, I've already got the backend code (the code that accumulates total donations by PayPal e-mail address and EAP donation period) in production. I must now implement code to import the last two years of history from PayPal. After that, I will port my old EAP web pages to use the new database.

Thank you for your offer to help. If you want to help, there are a few pages that only need text changes that you could help rewrite:

1. The main EAP description page - The following URL needs to be updated to reflect the new program. The key dates for this EAP are that any donations since 27 March 2007 through the end of this EAP (27 August 2007) count towards the EAP membership. Here is the total donations that you need:

NeoOffice 2.2.1 Early Access Membership - US$25 or €19, or £13 or CA$28 or AU$30 or ¥3200 since 27 March 2007
NeoOffice 2.x Early Access Subscription - Purchase of a subscription in a past EAP or US$50 or €38 or £26 or CA$56 or AU$60 or ¥6400 since 27 March 2007

The URL for the main EAP descritpion page is here: http://www.neooffice.org/neojava/earlyaccess.php

2. The EAP features page - The key changes here are that we will have native spellchecking support and experimental MS Office 2007 Excel and PowerPoint support. The EAP features page is here: http://www.neooffice.org/neojava/earlyaccessfeatures.php

3. The EAP download page - The key change needed here is to update the wording in the download section to match the changes on the main EAP page. Also, I will put an EAP system login text field in this section. I was envisioning something like "To see if you qualify, login using the PayPal e-mail address that you used to donate". The EAP download page is here: http://www.neooffice.org/neojava/earlyaccessdownload.php

4. NeoOffice User Guide links - I am planning on pushing the latest NeoOffice User Guide to our mirrors. Adding a link is easy, but I don't know where to put the link within our existing pages. Any text that you can suggest would be welcome. Also, I am OK if we repeat the text on more than one page.

Patrick
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 1:38 pm    Post subject:

FYI. I just updated all of the NeoOffice version numbers and EAP dates on the EAP pages to ease any rewriting.

Patrick
Samwise
Captain Naiobi

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 2:46 pm    Post subject:

Thanks. I still have to figure out which rewrite(s) I will attempt as I'm also in charge of the French translation so far and need to set realistic goals if I want to complete them in time Wink
Samwise
Captain Naiobi

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 10:09 am    Post subject:

I have started a new topic about this.
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Development All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2