Support
· Forums
· NeoOffice Support
· NeoWiki

Announcements
· Twitter @NeoOffice

Downloads
· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - Helping rewrite the Early Access pages on NeoOffice.org
Helping rewrite the Early Access pages on NeoOffice.org

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Development
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Samwise
Captain Naiobi

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 10:08 am    Post subject: Helping rewrite the Early Access pages on NeoOffice.org

As mentioned in this topic, Patrick has accepted help in rewriting the EAP pages on NeoOffice.org to reflect the changes in the EAP program. The EAP pages can be accessed from the following URLs :

http://www.neooffice.org/neojava/earlyaccess.php

http://www.neooffice.org/neojava/en/earlyaccessfeatures.php (note that for some reason, the lang-agnostic link doesn't work for this one)

http://www.neooffice.org/neojava/earlyaccessdownload.php

pluby wrote:
Thank you for your offer to help. If you want to help, there are a few pages that only need text changes that you could help rewrite:

1. The main EAP description page - The following URL needs to be updated to reflect the new program. The key dates for this EAP are that any donations since 27 March 2007 through the end of this EAP (27 August 2007) count towards the EAP membership. Here is the total donations that you need:

NeoOffice 2.2.1 Early Access Membership - US$25 or €19, or £13 or CA$28 or AU$30 or ¥3200 since 27 March 2007
NeoOffice 2.x Early Access Subscription - Purchase of a subscription in a past EAP or US$50 or €38 or £26 or CA$56 or AU$60 or ¥6400 since 27 March 2007

2. The EAP features page - The key changes here are that we will have native spellchecking support and experimental MS Office 2007 Excel and PowerPoint support.

3. The EAP download page - The key change needed here is to update the wording in the download section to match the changes on the main EAP page. Also, I will put an EAP system login text field in this section. I was envisioning something like "To see if you qualify, login using the PayPal e-mail address that you used to donate".

4. NeoOffice User Guide links - I am planning on pushing the latest NeoOffice User Guide to our mirrors. Adding a link is easy, but I don't know where to put the link within our existing pages. Any text that you can suggest would be welcome. Also, I am OK if we repeat the text on more than one page.

Patrick

I'm not going to do everything myself though - so any help is appreciated Smile
doctype
Oracle

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 10:25 am    Post subject:

Is the question writing or translating?

I would offer translating into German as soon as the pages are ready.
Samwise
Captain Naiobi

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 10:48 am    Post subject:

Here's a first draft of the Early Access Features page (probably the easiest, I know) :

The "Handles Microsoft ..." entry changes to :

Handles Microsoft Office 2007 Files

[...] The ODF Add-in is an open source project that makes it possible for NeoOffice to open, edit, and save files in the Office 2007 Word, Excel and PowerPoint formats. [...]

And we add a new native spellchecker entry (e.g. "Native spellchecker support"). I have comes up with two possible versions though :

(1) NeoOffice supports the Mac OS X native spellchecker, and can access [all available] or [the built-in] Mac OS X dictionaries.

or

(2) The NeoOffice spellcheck can access [all available] or [the built-in] Mac OS X dictionaries.

I also wonder whether we should mention the Address Book integration - it will soon be in OOo as well, but it's not in OOo 2.2.1 ...

To doctype : This is about (re)writing/editing, but I'm sure Patrick would welcome another translation. Note that aside from the few changes mentioned above, the EAP features page won't change much so you can probably begin translating this one.
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 11:17 am    Post subject:

doctype wrote:
Is the question writing or translating?

I would offer translating into German as soon as the pages are ready.

Yesterday, I was thinking that it was writing. However, after looking closely at my existing pages last night, I think that I can easily use the existing EAP page structure so I think most of the work will be translation. Note that translation can also occur after EAP starts if you cannot translate within the very short time that is left before EAP starts.

For those who are curious, I am going to change the wording on the main early access page to describe the program changes (that should only change a few paragraphs) and I will use the same format for the download pages as I currently use for the free download. The only difference will be that I'll replace the nags with the existing statement on earlyaccessdownload.php that only Early Access members and subscribers will be able to download the file. Only when you actually click on the PowerPC or Intel download link will you be forced to log into the system.

With this page layout, most of our existing download page translations can be reused. Hopefully, that will lessen the translation work a little bit.

To help make translation easier, I will have all the web changes sometime today. The actual login will merely display "no downloads available at this time" as that won't be done until tomorrow or Thursday.

Patrick
Samwise
Captain Naiobi

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 11:21 am    Post subject:

Thanks for the info. Oh, and the earlyaccessfeatures.php page states that NeoOffice 2.2.1 is based on "OpenOffice.org 2.2.1 Early Access " Smile
jgd
Agent Smith

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 4:51 am    Post subject: Re: Helping rewrite the Early Access pages on NeoOffice.org

Samwise wrote:

I'm not going to do everything myself though - so any help is appreciated Smile

If you need help for the translation into French, feel free to ask (PM me).

Jacqueline
Samwise
Captain Naiobi

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 4:54 am    Post subject:

Thanks Smile
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 11:54 am    Post subject:

FYI. The following Early Access pages are now on the main website:

http://www.neooffice.org/neojava/<add your language here>/<plus one of the following pages>:

earlyaccess.php
earlyaccessdownload.php
welcome.php?product=NeoOffice%202.2.1%20Early%20Access

Feel free to send me any translations as you get them and I will merge them into the site.

Please note that there will be some more text when I add the login page and the actual download pages in the next few days.

Patrick
ovvldc
Captain Naiobi

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 2:20 pm    Post subject:

I will have a look at it, but not today..

Best wishes,
Oscar

Samwise
Captain Naiobi

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 12:57 pm    Post subject:

FWIW, one of the reasons I created this topic was to coordinate our effort (both writing & translation). If someone submits a translation, please post in this topic so that we don't need to check the various pages to make sure we're not attempting to translate something that has already been translated.
doctype
Oracle

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 1:58 pm    Post subject:

German: I'm going to translate all necessary pages into German by Sunday (probably earlier, but just to be safe). I will send them to Patrick directly and post a status update here.
Samwise
Captain Naiobi

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 2:08 pm    Post subject:

Here's a draft of the French translation of the earlyaccessfeatures.php page :

-- Uses the Native Mac OS X Spellchecker

Utilisation du vérificateur orthographique de Mac OS X

Contrairement à OpenOffice.org, NeoOffice dispose d'un correcteur orthographique amélioré qui utilise le dictionnaire de Mac OS X. Ainsi, les utilisateurs n'ont plus besoin de télécharger et d'installer des dictionnaires orthographiques si Mac OS X dispose déjà d'un dictionnaire dans leur langue.

-- Uses the Native Mac OS X Address Book

Utilisation du Carnet d'adresses de Mac OS X

NeoOffice inclut la possibilité d'utiliser le Carnet d'adresses de Mac OS X comme source de données. Cette fonctionnalité, qui a été développée par OpenOffice.org, est prévue pour la version 2.3 d'OpenOffice.org.

-- Handles Most Microsoft Office 2007 Word, Excel, and PowerPoint Files

Prise en charge de la plupart des documents Word, Excel et PowerPoint 2007

NeoOffice inclut l'Add-in ODF pour Microsoft Office. Il s'agit d'un projet open source qui permet à NeoOffice d'ouvrir, éditer et sauvegarder des fichiers dans les formats Microsoft Word, Excel et PowerPoint 2007. Cette fonctionnalité n'est pas disponible dans les versions actuelles de Microsoft Office pour Mac et ne sera pas disponible avant la sortie d'Office 2008 pour Mac.

In the Aqua section, barres de defilement should be barres de défilement (notice the accent).

Also, you may have noticed that I replaced "ODF Add-in for Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint" by the French equivalent of "ODF Add-in for Microsoft Office". If you think listing the three components is better, just replace "Office" in my text by "Word, Excel et PowerPoint".

Unless someone has an important suggestion to make, this version is ready for prime time.

Last edited by Samwise on Fri Jul 20, 2007 6:46 am; edited 1 time in total
jgd
Agent Smith

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 11:56 pm    Post subject:

OK for me
Just
Quote:
Prise en charge de la plupart des des documents Word, Excel et PowerPoint 2007
"des des" Wink

Jacqueline
valterb
The Anomaly
(earlier version)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 1:18 am    Post subject:

I've done the 3 pages in italian and sent to Patrick via pm.
Samwise
Captain Naiobi

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 6:48 am    Post subject:

Embarassed Should be fixed now.
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Development All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5