Support
· Forums
· NeoOffice Support
· NeoWiki

Announcements
· Twitter @NeoOffice

Downloads
· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - wont mount to Hard drive!
wont mount to Hard drive!

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice/C Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
merliness
Red Pill

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 3:54 am    Post subject: wont mount to Hard drive!

I spent all night trying to get NeoOfficej 0.8.4 to mount to my HD...I tried to run patch but b/c file isn't mounted yet it don't do action...when I try to open dmg I get "uthe following disk images failed to mount: NeOfficeJ 0.84 no mountale file systems" Shocked Confused Question thats where my expetise or should I say lack of end
thanks M Exclamation
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 6:23 am    Post subject:

Most likely, the problem is that the NeoOfficeJ-0.8.4.dmg file that you downloaded is corrupted. It should be 120708912 bytes in size. If it is less or more than that, then try downloading a new copy.

Patrick
merliness
Red Pill

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 11:59 am    Post subject:

thanks Patrick.....as far as I remember that was he size of the files...I thought curruption too so I tried 2 different sites..version tracker and from site!? all six dls from tracker wouldn't mount and neither would the one from noeofficej page..I'm confused, am I having computer probs maybe...stuck..ah well I will load open office..school starts in a week!

Very Happy Twisted Evil M
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 12:18 pm    Post subject:

To check if the file is OK, open a Terminal and execute the following command (be sure replace the last argument with the correct path):

/sbin/md5 -q /path/to/downloaded/NeoOfficeJ-0.8.4.dmg

If should print out the following if the file is OK:

f6ec31480422ff54672bfc7c0377eb82

If you get different output, your file is corrupt.

If your file is OK, then the problem is probably one of two things:

1. You are trying to open the file on Mac OS X 10.1 (Neo/J only works on Mac OS X 10.2.x and 10.3.x)

2. You don't have enough memory or disk space to open such a large file. I didn't think Mac OS X needs much memory or disk to open a *.dmg file, but that is only my assumption.

Patrick
merliness
Red Pill

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 12:29 pm    Post subject:

thanks Patrick..I have panther..version 10.3.5..I know I have lots of hd space @ least 17 gigs and I'm running 512 for ram....

I'm just gonna give a dl one more try! thanks direcway for my "highspeed internet" Rolling Eyes Twisted Evil should only take me an hour or so! Shocked Laughing I will let u know how it goes!..
just wanna be clear
replace "path/to/downloaded" with my correct path?!
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 12:45 pm    Post subject:

merliness wrote:
just wanna be clear replace "path/to/downloaded" with my correct path?!

Yes.

BTW, you may want to download using the "curl" command instructions on the Neo/J download page. Although it is a command-line tool, it allows you to continue downloading from where you left off it the first download gets cut off.

Patrick
merliness
Red Pill

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 1:08 pm    Post subject:

I really appreciate the hand holding Very Happy Cool ..an who says men don't care????Wink I guess i can always just start panther from scratch cuz I can't even run fsck -y repair function Shocked Confused .... Laughing what have I done to great guru of knowledge? heheheheheh thanks again patrick!

an the curl was helpful..*must pry eyes open with toothpicks to read* noobs huh Wink
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice/C Support All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1