Support
· Forums
· NeoOffice Support
· NeoWiki

Announcements
· Twitter @NeoOffice

Downloads
· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - Helping rewrite the Early Access pages on NeoOffice.org
Helping rewrite the Early Access pages on NeoOffice.org

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Development
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 10:11 am    Post subject:

jgd wrote:
I don't see those changes on the fr/earlyaccessdownload.php page.

Fixed.

Patrick
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 12:32 pm    Post subject:

FYI. Here is a list of messages that I have added to the EAP download system. If help translating these messages would be very much appreciated. If not, no worries.

Thanks,

Patrick

If Mac OS X gives you an error when you try to open a downloaded file, most likely your network connection to our server got cut off before the download was finished. If this happens to you and you are directly connected to the internet, we recommend that you use cURL - a resumable download tool - to complete your download.

To use cURL, open the <tt>/Applications/Utilites/Terminal</tt> application in the Finder. Then, copy and paste all of the following commands into the Terminal window and press the return key:This command will download the NeoOffice 2.2.1 Early Access file to your desktop. If the download gets cut off or cURL prints an error, just execute the same command again and cURL will continue downloading where it left off.

Your past donations and purchases have earned you the following NeoOffice Early Access Program memberships and subscriptions:

You can download the NeoOffice 2.2.1 Early Access file from any of the mirror sites listed below. The download includes both binaries and source code. These sites have limited bandwidth so if you cannot connect, please be patient.

If Mac OS X gives you an error when you try to open a downloaded file, most likely your network connection to our server got cut off before the download was finished. If this happens to you and you are directly connected to the internet, we recommend that you use cURL - a resumable download tool - to complete your download.

Sorry, but the e-mail address has not made enough donations to qualify for the current Early Access Program. The total donation amounts needed to qualify for the Early Access Program are listed here.

If you are sure that your total donations qualify you for the current Early Access Program, please verify that you have entered the e-mail address that you gave PayPal when you made your NeoOffice donations. If you have a PayPal account and you have more than one e-mail address registered to your PayPal account, enter the e-mail address that you have set as your primary address within PayPal.

If you are still having problems and you are sure that you qualify for the current Early Access Program, then send an e-mail with a list of your PayPal transaction numbers and a description of your problem to eapdownloads at neooffice dot org.

To download the requested file, you need to login to the NeoOffice Early Access Program system so that we can verify that you are a member or subscriber of the current NeoOffice Early Access Program.

Login to the NeoOffice Early Access Program system by entering the e-mail address that you gave PayPal when you made your NeoOffice donations. If you have a PayPal account and you have more than one e-mail address registered to your PayPal account, enter the e-mail address that you have set as your primary address within PayPal.
jgd
Agent Smith

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 1:00 pm    Post subject:

pluby wrote:
jgd wrote:
I don't see those changes on the fr/earlyaccessdownload.php page.

Fixed.

Patrick

Sorry, only one occurrence has been fixed. There were two occurrences of this text. Sad

Jacqueline
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 4:32 pm    Post subject:

jgd wrote:
Sorry, only one occurrence has been fixed. There were two occurrences of this text. Sad

It's fixed now.

Patrick
RoyFocker
Oracle

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 10:16 am    Post subject:

I just finish the spanish translation, hoping that on this way we can "encourage" the donations from spanish users.

Thanks
Roy
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 12:01 pm    Post subject:

OK. I have added RoyFocker's and ovvldc's translations to the website.

Also, the EAP pages are now in production! If anyone sees any typos or has any additional translations, feel free to post them here or send them to me and I will add them to the pages.

Patrick
LemonAid
The Anomaly

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 12:29 pm    Post subject:

Thanks Patrick,

Sign In worked for me and I'm downloading the PPC version now.
Estimated time about 6 1/2 minutes on Cable MODEM.
I have to go out shortly but I will continue testing when I get home late tonight.

Philip ( It's like Christmas in ... JULY! Very Happy )
ovvldc
Captain Naiobi

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 12:31 pm    Post subject:

Sorry, I couldn't post here because I was away and didn't have my password with me. I hadn't realized anonymous posting was disabled completely.

Best wishes,
Oscar

Samwise
Captain Naiobi

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 12:40 pm    Post subject:

Tthe updated third paragraph provided by GillesR has been comitted to the website. Also, the translation of the "EAP download page" links is not the same as the one I submitted.

I have received GillesR's translation. Has anyone else got it ?
ovvldc
Captain Naiobi

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 12:42 pm    Post subject:

Patrick, why did you put dollars in front of euro's on the Dutch pages? I have the distinct impression that most Dutch speakers live in euro-denominated countries, so I switched the order around...

Best wishes,
Oscar

P.S. Some things were not included in the earlier files. Here are some missing bits on the earlyaccessdownload page (and the general yellow announcement box).

"NeoOffice 2.2.1 Early Access now available!
This release includes support for the Mac OS X Spellchecker and Address Book and experimental support for Office 2007 Excel and PowerPoint files
Other Early Access Program Links:"

translates as

"NeoOffice 2.2.1 Early Access is verkrijgbaar!
Deze uitgave bevat ondersteuning voor de Mac OS X spellingscontrole en adresboek, en experimentele ondersteuning voor Office 2007 Excel en Powerpoint bestanden
Andere Early Access Programma pagina's:"

"Members and subscribers of the current NeoOffice Early Access Program can download the latest release from any of the following links:"

translates as:

"Leden en abonnees van het huidige NeoOffice Early Access Programma kunnen de laatste uitgave ophalen van een van de onderstaande bronnen:"

"Important: After installing, get the latest bug fixes by downloading and installing the latest NeoOffice patch installer.

By default, the installer only installs English but language packs are available for 57 other languages here."

translates as:

"Belangrijk: Haal na het installeren de meest recente reparaties op door de _nieuwste NeoOffice patch installer_ op te halen en te installeren.
Andere talen installeren

Het installatieprogramma geeft u alleen het Engelse taalpakket, maar er zijn _taalpakketten beschikbaar_ voor 57 andere talen."
jgd
Agent Smith

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 1:12 pm    Post subject:

Samwise wrote:

I have received GillesR's translation. Has anyone else got it ?

Not me.

I've a translation of the fr/earlyaccessmirors.php
Bienvenue <email address>
Vos dons et achats passés vous permettent de devenir membre ou souscripteur des programmes NeoOffice Early Access suivants :

Vous pouvez télécharger NeoOffice-2.2.1-Intel <NeoOffice-2.2.1-PPC> depuis l'un quelconque des sites miroirs cités ci-dessous. Le fichier téléchargé inclut à la fois les binaires et le code source. Ces sites ont une bande passante limitée, soyez donc patients s'il vous plaît, si vous ne pouvez pas vous connecter.

Important : Après l'installation, récupérer les dernières corrections de bogues en téléchargeant et installant le dernier paquet de mise à jour.

Problèmes ?

Si vous avez un message d'erreur de Mac OS X lorsque vous essayez d'ouvrir un fichier téléchargé, il est très probable que votre connexion internet a été interrompue avant la fin du téléchargement. Si cela vous arrive et si vous êtes connecté directement à l'internet, nous vous recommandons d'utilser cURL - un outil de téléchargement qui permet de reprendre les téléchargements interrompus - pour terminer votre téléchargement.

Do you agree ? Feel free to change it as you want.

Jacqueline
Samwise
Captain Naiobi

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 1:28 pm    Post subject:

Translation is good, however, "paquet de mise à jour" should be "correctif" like on the rest of the website.
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 1:32 pm    Post subject:

ovvldc wrote:
Patrick, why did you put dollars in front of euro's on the Dutch pages? I have the distinct impression that most Dutch speakers live in euro-denominated countries, so I switched the order around...

I thought about doing the same thing in the original pages. However, PayPal is really a very US$ based system. Also, because Ed and I are based in the U.S., we are US$ based as well. Because of these two things, the key price is in US$. We display the alternate currencies to allow people to see how much in PayPal donations in other currencies are needed to get a certain amount of US$ to the project after PayPal takes it cut for currency translation and cross-border fees. The idea here is that, potentially, someone is going to figure out how to get the same US$ to us for less Euros, CA$, AU$, or Yen than our posted amounts.

If they do, this is a good thing as we get the same amount and less goes as a cut to PayPal.

ovvldc wrote:
P.S. Some things were not included in the earlier files. Here are some missing bits on the earlyaccessdownload page (and the general yellow announcement box).

Your translations are now on the web site.

Patrick

"NeoOffice 2.2.1 Early Access now available!
This release includes support for the Mac OS X Spellchecker and Address Book and experimental support for Office 2007 Excel and PowerPoint files
Other Early Access Program Links:"

translates as

"NeoOffice 2.2.1 Early Access is verkrijgbaar!
Deze uitgave bevat ondersteuning voor de Mac OS X spellingscontrole en adresboek, en experimentele ondersteuning voor Office 2007 Excel en Powerpoint bestanden
Andere Early Access Programma pagina's:"

"Members and subscribers of the current NeoOffice Early Access Program can download the latest release from any of the following links:"

translates as:

"Leden en abonnees van het huidige NeoOffice Early Access Programma kunnen de laatste uitgave ophalen van een van de onderstaande bronnen:"

"Important: After installing, get the latest bug fixes by downloading and installing the latest NeoOffice patch installer.

By default, the installer only installs English but language packs are available for 57 other languages here."

translates as:

"Belangrijk: Haal na het installeren de meest recente reparaties op door de _nieuwste NeoOffice patch installer_ op te halen en te installeren.
Andere talen installeren

Het installatieprogramma geeft u alleen het Engelse taalpakket, maar er zijn _taalpakketten beschikbaar_ voor 57 andere talen."[/quote]
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 1:37 pm    Post subject:

Samwise wrote:
Translation is good, however, "paquet de mise à jour" should be "correctif" like on the rest of the website.

I have posted jgd's translations and replaced all references to "paquet de mise à jour" with "correctif" on the website.

Patrick
Samwise
Captain Naiobi

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 1:46 pm    Post subject:

Sorry, I just re-read my post above; I actually meant to say that GilleR's updated third paragraph had not been comitted to the website. There are grammatical mistakes in his previous third paragraph, which should be replaced by the updated one I posted on Friday.

And the translation of "NeoOffice Early Access Program download page" does not match what I posted two days ago (see my previous post).
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Development All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5