NeoOffice :: View topic - Problem with Auto Correct
Problem with Auto Correct

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Releases
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vicjoe
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 1:10 am    Post subject: even tried restarting prg

Quote:
If I create a custom replacement rule (-- => —, see my post above) and I deactivate the standard dash rules, it works for me.

Could it be that I'm confusing AutoFormat and AutoCorrect??

I set things up in AutoCorrect as you say, then test the text using AutoFormat>Apply. Maybe they’re not the same thing. How does one “invoke” the AutoCorrect as opposed to AutoFormat?
amayze
The Merovingian

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 6:33 am    Post subject:

mickeyinlalaland wrote:
I did find an interesting reference in the Help; select "Index" and search for
"dashes"

Quote:
Hyphen, dash
In order to enter longer dashes, you can find under Tools - AutoCorrect - Options the Replace dashes option (only on Windows systems). This option replaces one or two minus signs under certain conditions with an en-dash or an em-dash (see NeoOffice Help).

I don't understand why this says "only on Windows systems" as it works on NeoOffice - as we are discussing.

Quote:
So this might be the answer as to why Tools>Autocorrect>Option has the "Edit" button greyed out when the "Replace dashes" entry is highlighted

No. Its greyed out in Windows too. "Edit" is only available for the bullets and numbering symbols.

NSTH (Not Sure That Helps!)

Andy
doctype
Oracle

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 12:14 pm    Post subject: Re: even tried restarting prg

vicjoe wrote:
I set things up in AutoCorrect as you say, then test the text using AutoFormat>Apply. Maybe they’re not the same thing. How does one “invoke” the AutoCorrect as opposed to AutoFormat?

They are the same thing (and don't ask me why there are two different names in two different menus), what you define in AutoCorrect will be executed with AutoFormat, while typing or by executing said command.
vicjoe
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 2:56 pm    Post subject: preferences

The only thing I can think of is somehow my preferences are whacked, but since I spent so much time customizing the interface, I don't want to go through all that again just to get this one autocorrect feature to work. So I'll use old-fashioned search and replace. I'm signing off this topic.

Oh, "doctype" I may have seen reference to your name, since there was some discussion of using HTML on this board, so maybe mickeyinlalaland's note somehow referred to you and I thought he was talking about the forum's doctype, or not. Anyway, it is another source of confusion. Imagine if my board moniker was "valid code" or something like that. Hmmm, somehow seems kind of fitting, like I possessed a valid code of conduct. How 'bout "charset" -- I have a pretty solid set of character traits Wink

vicjoe (as in Joe the victim I guess, or maybe Joe the victor)
doctype
Oracle

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 4:53 pm    Post subject: Re: preferences

vicjoe wrote:
Oh, "doctype" I may have seen reference to your name, since there was some discussion of using HTML on this board, so maybe mickeyinlalaland's note somehow referred to you and I thought he was talking about the forum's doctype, or not.

Yeah, that was funny. Never imagined something like that could happen when I chose that nick randomly. Very Happy
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Releases All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3