Downloads
· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - Slow server
Slow server

NeoOffice Forum Index -> Server Outages
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Terry Teague

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 12:53 am    Post subject: Slow server

The last couple of nights when I have called here, there have been some periods where the server has been very slow to respond (like up to a minute to fetch a page after posting a message). Normally the server is quite responsive. And I am calling pretty much the same time each night (after midnight PDT).

It could well be a problem on my end, but I thought I should bring the issue to your attention.

Are you running a backup or compile or something at this time of day?

But a more likely answer is the number of connections - at this moment, there are 35 guests and 0 members connected. This number seems a lot higher than I remember it (I thought there was a statistics page that listed the highest number of connections somewhere, but I couldn't find such a page).

I hope these are 35 legitimate callers, and not some kind of DOS. Perhaps you have been slashdotted again or something.

Regards, Terry
OPENSTEP
The One
The One

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 8:24 pm    Post subject:

I was noticing some funky loads and have been changing around the switch configuration here. I moved the DB server to hopefully balance out the loads between my machines. I also have been doing some changes to the PHP to remove SQL injections.

This morning one of the servers that runs Trinity had a kernel panic and was restarted. That may have been some of the cause. Right now she seems to be close to normal speed on my end. I'll check her out around 1AM or so to see what she's doing. I know that some of the search engines have been hammering her with high frequency lately and they tend to be active around that time...

ed
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> Server Outages All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1