Support
· Forums
· NeoOffice Support
· NeoWiki

Announcements
· Twitter @NeoOffice

Downloads
· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - Printer woes!!
Printer woes!!

NeoOffice Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org MacOS X X11 Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Br. Andrew, OP

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 7:27 pm    Post subject: Printer woes!!

I am running Panther 10.3.5, X11 and oo 1.1.2 and it has worked great so far and I love this software. However, I can't get it to print to our network HP 1300 Laserjet. It sees it in the printer setup and all my other Mac apps print just fine to it and oo prints to my USB Hp Desket 5650 just fine. Any ideas?

Thanks!
OPENSTEP
The One
The One

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 8:32 pm    Post subject:

Networked and Rendezvous printers are definitely a known issue for OOo...OOo can't discover and configure their CUPS queues properly. First attempt is to see if you can follow the steps in the Printing FAQ:

http://trinity.neooffice.org/modules.php?name=FAQ&myfaq=yes&id_cat=3&categories=OpenOffice.org+Printing

Also try setting your network printer as the Default Printer and using "Generic Printer" from the OOo print dialogs. That may work.

If all else fails, the only workaround is to save as PDF and print using Preview. There are some instructions available on how to configure that online, but they're not in the FAQ.

If you really really need to use the native Mac OS X print dialogs and print drivers for some wonky printer, you should check out NeoOffice/J which uses the mac OS X print system directly.

ed
Br. Andrew O.P.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 4:53 pm    Post subject: Fixed!

Thank you!!! The default/generic printer idea solved my problem. Now I can do my papers in peace. The PDF solution is good, but writing graduate level papers all the time means a ton of rewrites. Not a good thing to have to constantly save to PDF and print. I love OOo!!!
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org MacOS X X11 Support All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1