· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - NeoOffice/J 1.1 Alpha 1 is available for testing
NeoOffice/J 1.1 Alpha 1 is available for testing

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Testing
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kevmck
Agent

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 9:04 pm    Post subject:

Thanks again, Patrick. Patch 4 works as advertised and the spell-check fix is much appreciated. I agree with others here - Neo/J is a fantastic application.
ovvldc

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 2:02 am    Post subject: changing the look

One of the OOo 1.1.2 developers has a substantially prettier version of the icons you might be able to use. In the X11 version you have to install it and in openoffice.org1.1.2/users/config/ I think it came along on the porting-development e-mail list a month ago.

Anonymous wrote:
pluby wrote:
I fixed more bugs reported against NeoOffice/J 1.1 Alpha 1 and I have posted "patch-4". This patch contains all of the fixes in "patch-3" plus fixes for the following bugs:

1. "Save as PDF" sometimes causes Neo/J to crash.
2. Saving certain fonts to PDF caused Adobe Acrobat to not be able to render those fonts.

You can download "patch-4" from the following URL:

http://www.planamesa.com/neojava/downloads/patches/NeoOfficeJ-1.1_Alpha_1-patch-4.tar.gz

Patrick

Holy frickin' cow. You're on a roll!

I had a thought... Would it be a smart idea to replace the icons and color schemes with a more mac-y version? And second, would it be super-hard to move the menus up to the menu bar? Is that too Neooffice and less Neooffice/J?

Is it just me or has the Mac font-support gotten better? In previous 0.8.4 -type versions a couple of the fonts appeared in the pulldown as squares. Now I can see all of them.

It's insane how well this program works. Keep up the amazing work.
Idea
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 9:45 pm    Post subject:

I fixed more bugs reported against NeoOffice/J 1.1 Alpha 1 and I have posted "patch-5". This patch contains all of the fixes in "patch-4" plus fixes for the following bugs:

1. Bugs 126, 127, and 128.
2. Gradients within shapes sometimes don't paint correctly.

You can download "patch-5" from the following URL:

http://www.planamesa.com/neojava/downloads/patches/NeoOfficeJ-1.1_Alpha_1-patch-5.tar.gz

Installation instructions for the lastest patch binaries are the same as the Neo/J 0.8.4 patch installation instructions available at http://www.planamesa.com/neojava/download.php#install.

Please help the testing effort and file any bugs that you find in Bugzilla (http://bugzilla.neooffice.org/) or post them in this forum.

Patrick
Fridrich Strba

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 5:23 am    Post subject: Neo/J et Writerperfect integration

Hello, I am trying to run a build of the CVS HEAD with Writerperfect (OOo WordPerfect import filter) integrated. Maybe it would be good to include it in Neo/J by default, since it supports (with few features import though) WP for mac 3.0-3.5 format.

Cheers

Fridrich Strba <fridrich dot strba at bluewin dot ch>
libwpd project

P.S.: The filter builds well with the X11 version and does not need any UI
markthacker

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 9:23 am    Post subject: Much thanks to Patrick - patch 5 is great!

Hi there everyone!
just a note of public thanks to Patrick for his hard work on Patch 5.
I now have NeoOffice/J running on my PowerBook G3 Series (250MHz G3 with 256MB RAM) and Mac OS 10.2.8.

Fonts look great, anti-aliasing is working well, and patch 5 fixed the gradiant problem that I was having.

For those Sun people out there, the Windows TrueType Sun fonts load into Mac OS 10 just fine and are immediately available, and work great, in NeoOffice/J. I have had no issues with pulling in presentations that utilize the Sun fonts.

Thanks again to Patrick for his hard work!
Very Happy
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 11:03 am    Post subject: Re: Neo/J et Writerperfect integration

Fridrich,

Fridrich Strba wrote:
Hello, I am trying to run a build of the CVS HEAD with Writerperfect (OOo WordPerfect import filter) integrated. Maybe it would be good to include it in Neo/J by default, since it supports (with few features import though) WP for mac 3.0-3.5 format.

Sardisson sent me a copy of your WordPerfect.uno.dylib file and since it does not link to any X11 libraries, it installed into Neo/J without a problem.

The simplest way to bundle your import filter would be to add it to the portion of the makefile that creates the installer. Since the Neo/J build creates an installer from an X11 installation, we could easily run the pkgchk command against the X11 installation just before the makefile packages the files into a Mac OS X installer.

Can you send me a link to where your source code is?

Patrick

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 2:19 am    Post subject: Re: Neo/J et Writerperfect integration

Thanks Patrick, for the prompt answer. I will just give some explanations.
pluby wrote:
Sardisson sent me a copy of your WordPerfect.uno.dylib file and since it does not link to any X11 libraries, it installed into Neo/J without a problem.

This is true, that it is not linking against any X11 library. Nevertheless, when I tried to build it, it was compiling very well, even registering with pkgchk without any single error (with -v --strict_error_handling options). Nevertheless, it was giving General Input/Output error when one was trying to open a document. According to my experience, it means that there are unresolved symbols. I am really not a Mac person and am using someone's mac when the person is on leave. I tried to track it down with otool, but did not manage. Just for the accuracy: writerperfect-0.2.1 is using libwpd-0.7.x. Libwpd-0.7.x has as MANDATORY dependency glib >= 2.0.0 and libgsf >= 1.6.0.
pluby wrote:
The simplest way to bundle your import filter would be to add it to the portion of the makefile that creates the installer. Since the Neo/J build creates an installer from an X11 installation, we could easily run the pkgchk command against the X11 installation just before the makefile packages the files into a Mac OS X installer.

Now, here we are on a different ground. The CVS libwpd (and the up-coming 0.8.x release cycle) is not having the MANDATORY dependency on glib and libgsf. The "new" writerperfect uses acutally OOo's "sot" for stream layer abstraction. Some month or so ago, it was integrated in ximian's ooo-build-1.3.x. This is the version I am proposing to use. I built the X11 OOo 1.1.2 with it and it works very well for me. I even managed to compile the CVS Neo/J. I just cannot test it, since I am accessing the Mac by ssh. Nevertheless, the install/package/Contents directory contains everything.
pluby wrote:
Can you send me a link to where your source code is?

The writerperfect is in form of patches on ximian's web
http://ooo.ximian.com/patches/wpd/ If you apply them one by one to the OOo tree, they will create two directories "libwpd" and "writerperfect" and patch some files in other modules (mainly file type detection). Note, you will have to modify the writerperfect/prj/d.lst and replace in the last line "bin" by "lib", in order for the libwpft645mxp.dylib to be copied. I already sent the patch and it should be applied Monday-ish Smile
After that, you will have to put following file: http://ooo.ximian.com/packages/libwpd-snap-20040823.tar.gz in the libwpd/download/ directory of the OOo tree (create if does not exist).

After this, one builds as usual. The result is a pretty recent WordPerfect import filter that can read even WP for Mac 3.0 - 3.5 files. I suppose that during the libwpd-0.8.x, we will manage to support 3.5extended format. It is true that the features converted are not many for WP for mac documents, but we were concentrating the last months more on the API than on the features.

My build of Neo/J is even more hackish, since I use the CVS version of libwpd (ximian uses a snapshot from the end of August), but the ximian's code is officially supported by them and it should do before the official release of libwpd-0.8.0.

I just checked the install/package/Contents directory and it contains 360MB of files. I do not have enough web-space to post it anywhere, unfortunatelly. OK, maybe I could strip the binaries, but I prefer to leave it like that. On Monday, I will see whether it works well.

I was just wondering that if it works well, one could build this filter by default.

Thanks again for your interest.

Cheers

Fridrich
shooby
Red Pill

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 3:10 am    Post subject: Re: changing the look

ovvldc wrote:
One of the OOo 1.1.2 developers has a substantially prettier version of the icons you might be able to use. In the X11 version you have to install it and in openoffice.org1.1.2/users/config/ I think it came along on the porting-development e-mail list a month ago.

Has anybody URL or screenshot?
sardisson
Town Crier
Town Crier

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 11:38 am    Post subject: Re: changing the look

shooby wrote:
ovvldc wrote:

Is it this? http://eric.bachard.free.fr/OOO_theme/ooo_theme_mini.tar.gz

Screenshots:
http://homepage.mac.com/sardisson/ooo/ooo_theme_mini_writer.pdf
http://homepage.mac.com/sardisson/ooo/ooo_theme_mini_menu.pdf

I'm not sure if there are replacements for all of the icons, but certainly in some cases the new icons are not showing up properly....

The contents of the archive go in ~/Library/Preferences/OpenOffice.org1.1.2/user/config/soffice.cfg/ for OOo 1.1.2 (backup the existing imagelist.xml first) (or the analogous place in ~/Library/Application Support/OpenOffice.org1.1.2/ if you're using a 10.3-only or localized build), but this location does not exist in the NeoJ 1.1 Alpha package, so I'm not sure if dropping it in would work (haven't tried yet) [edit: naramsin found where they go in NeoJ 1.1; see post below]. The icons actually look rather fuzzy to me (even moreso in the screenshots)....

Smokey

Last edited by sardisson on Fri Oct 08, 2004 2:21 am; edited 2 times in total
naramsin
Sentinel

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 2:38 pm    Post subject:

Excellent! I found the NeoOfficeJ toolbar icon location here:

/Library/NeoOfficeJ-1.1/user/config/soffice.cfg/

And it works the same as with OOo. The buttons are really nice, though as you say, a bit blurry. Still, with a little work, I can imagine this could help woo even more Mac users away from the dark side...

I backed up the other icons in the same folder (..../soffice.cfg/), so one should be able to go back without pain.

I noticed that when I changed the icon size to "Large" the icons revert to the old type; setting it back to "Small" again left them in the old style. Looks like you need a relaunch to get the new icons back.

Cheers,
Naramsin

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 6:33 pm    Post subject: Re: changing the look

sardisson wrote:
shooby wrote:
ovvldc wrote:

Is it this? http://eric.bachard.free.fr/OOO_theme/ooo_theme_mini.tar.gz

Yes, that is the one I was talking about. It is not a complete icon set (I don't get one for ' paste special,' for instance, but it looks way nicer than the original. Thanks, Smokey (and of course Eric, for putting up the icons)..
M-Rick

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 5:02 am    Post subject:

These icons are good too, they are the KDE icons theme with light Grey #eeeee6 as background color. It is more Mac OS like I think.

http://www.kde-look.org/content/show.php?content=7131
giantmike
Red Pill

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 6:14 am    Post subject:

This is really a non issue (especially with alpha 2 coming out soon), but after installing patch 5, the "About NeoOffice/J" under the help menu says patch 6.

I don't think this will be a show stopper Wink
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 8:33 am    Post subject:

giantmike wrote:
This is really a non issue (especially with alpha 2 coming out soon), but after installing patch 5, the "About NeoOffice/J" under the help menu says patch 6.

This is actually the correct behavior. When I post a new patch (in this case I posted "patch-6"), I make all of the older patch URLs link to the new patch. This ensures that anyone downloading always gets the latest patch.

Patrick
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 9:25 am    Post subject:

For some reason, I forgot to post that I fixed more bugs reported against NeoOffice/J 1.1 Alpha 1 and I have posted "patch-6". This patch contains all of the fixes in "patch-5" plus fixes for the following bugs:

1. Bugs 126 and 130.

You can download "patch-6" from the following URL:

http://www.planamesa.com/neojava/downloads/patches/NeoOfficeJ-1.1_Alpha_1-patch-6.tar.gz

Installation instructions for the lastest patch binaries are the same as the Neo/J 0.8.4 patch installation instructions available at http://www.planamesa.com/neojava/download.php#install.

Please help the testing effort and file any bugs that you find in Bugzilla (http://bugzilla.neooffice.org/) or post them in this forum.

Patrick
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Testing All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4