NeoOffice :: View topic - Troubleshooting Tips
Troubleshooting Tips

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoWiki and Website Development
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sardisson
Town Crier
Town Crier

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 12:10 pm    Post subject:

If everyone else is happy with how it's turned out, once we get some new text describing how the page is set up (as Lorinda suggested above), then we can declare the English and French pages "done" and remove the {{fixme}} tags Smile

Smokey

Captain Naiobi

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 1:32 pm    Post subject:

I was thinking the table of contents is a bit long and confusing, as the causes and fixes are already right below it. Perhaps disabling it is a good idea. See meta.wikimedia.org for details.

Otherwise, I like it!

Best wishes,
Oscar

Lorinda
Captain Mifune

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 1:47 pm    Post subject:

I would agree with deleting the TOC, unless you split it into two pages, one for common problems and one for troubleshooting steps. (But this means a lot of work, repairing all the links.)

Proposed introductory text:

Code:
To use this page, locate the problem you are experiencing under the "Common Problems" section.  Then click on the link or links provided for more information about troubleshooting steps you should try.  If you do not find your particular problem under Common Problems, try to find a similar issue.

One question: if folks can't find a similar problem, should they be guided to try the troubleshooting steps themselves, or to post at trinity?

Thanks for all your work, Smokey!
jgd
Agent Smith

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 2:04 am    Post subject:

It's OK for me, Lorinda. Thanks for providing that text.

To answer your question, I suggest for the end of the last sentence
Code:
try to find a similar issue, or ask your question in the NeoOffice Support Forum.
where NeoOffice Support Forum would be a link to the forum.
If a user wants to try the troubleshooting steps, he will do it, even if you don't tell him to try Wink

Jacqueline
sardisson
Town Crier
Town Crier

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 5:14 pm    Post subject:

I've added the Lorinda+Jacqueline text to the English page and removed the {{fixme}} tag (I also added an extra return between the last set of problems and the "Solutions and Troubleshooting Steps" header to try and divide the page more clearly at that point).

If anyone has any other suggestions for the page, by all means let us know; otherwise, let's say that the Troubleshooting Tips page's long journey from a collection of random quickly-added notes to a real, live, useful page is complete Wink

Smokey

The Anomaly

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 12:58 am    Post subject:

'tis a thing of ... beauty! Laughing

Philip ( NM... Wink )
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoWiki and Website Development All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2