· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - Download translation request
Download translation request

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Development
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 5:56 pm    Post subject: Download translation request

After receiving several e-mails in a row from people who are confused by the Intel and PowerPC download links and from dial-up users asking for a free CD, I have made expanded the descriptive text on our web page.

Can anyone translate the following four items?

1. Is my Mac a PowerPC or Intel machine?

2. Download for Mac PowerPC machines

3. Download for Mac Intel machines

4. If you only have a slow internet connection, we recommend that you use cURL - a resumable download tool - to complete your download.

The first three are links in the download list. They replace the old Processor, PowerPC, and Intel links. The fourth has been added to the Problems? section at the bottom of the page that lists all of the mirrors for a particular file.

Thanks,

Patrick
doctype
Oracle

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 6:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Download translation request

German:

1. Habe ich einen PowerPC- oder Intel-Mac Computer?

2. Download für PowerPC-Mac Computer

3. Download für Intel-Mac Computer

4. Wenn Sie nur eine langsame Internet-Verbindung haben, dann empfehlen wir Ihnen, cURL - ein Download-Tool, das einen abgebrochenen Download wieder aufnehmen kann - zu nutzen, um Ihren Download zu vervollständigen.
jgd
Agent Smith

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 2:19 am    Post subject:

in French

1. Mon Mac est-il un ordinateur PowerPC ou Intel ?

2. Téléchargement pour un Mac PowerPC

3. Téléchargement pour un Mac Intel

4. Si vous ne disposez que d'une connexion internet à bas débit, nous vous recommandons d'utiliser cURL - un outil qui permet de reprendre un téléchargement interrompu - pour effectuer votre téléchargement.

Jacqueline
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 9:57 am    Post subject:

FYI. I have posted doctype's and jgd's translations on the website.

Patrick
ovvldc
Captain Naiobi

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 2:02 am    Post subject: Re: Download translation request

1. Heeft mijn Mac een PowerPC of een Intel processor?

2. Ophalen voor Mac's met PowerPC processor

2. Ophalen voor Mac's met Intel processor

4. Indien u alleen een trage internetverbinding heeft, raden wij u aan om cURL, een applicatie om downloads te hervatten, te gebruiken om ons programma op te halen.

Oscar
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 10:43 am    Post subject:

FYI. I have posted ovvldc's translations on the website.

ovvldc,

I found that the following paragraphs do not have any Dutch translations. Can you translate these?:

You can download the NeoOffice-2.2.1-PowerPC.dmg file from any of the mirror sites listed below. The download includes both binaries and source code. These sites have limited bandwidth so if you cannot connect, please be patient.

If Mac OS X gives you an error when you try to open a downloaded file, most likely your network connection to our server got cut off before the download was finished. If this happens to you and you are directly connected to the internet, raden wij u aan om cURL, een applicatie om downloads te hervatten, te gebruiken om ons programma op te halen.

To use cURL, open the /Applications/Utilities/Terminal application in the Finder. Then, copy and paste all of the following commands into the Terminal window and press the return key:

This command will download the NeoOffice-2.2.1-PowerPC.dmg file to your desktop. If the download gets cut off or cURL prints an error, just execute the same command again and cURL will continue downloading where it left off.

Thanks,

Patrick
ovvldc
Captain Naiobi

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 3:12 am    Post subject:

U kunt het NeoOffice 2.2.1-PowerPC.dmg bestand ophalen van een van de onderstaande mirror sites. Het bestand bevat zowel het programma als de broncode. Deze sites hebben een beperkte capaciteit dus wees astublieft geduldig indien u geen verbinding kunt maken.

Indien Mac OS X een foutmelding geeft als u een opgehaald bestand probeert to openen, betekent dit waarschijnlijk dat uw netwerkverbinding met onze server werd verbroken voordat het ophalen voltooid is. Als dit u overkomt en u hebt een directe verbinding met het internet, raden wij u aan om cURL, een applicatie om downloads te hervatten, te gebruiken om ons programma op te halen.

Om cURL the gebruiken opent u in de Finder het programma /Programma's/Hulpprogramma's/Terminal. Kopieer dan het gehele onderstaande opdracht, plak deze in het terminal venster en druk op de return toets:

Deze opdracht zal het NeoOffice-2.2.1-PowerPC.dmg bestand naar uw desktop halen. Indien het ophalen wordt afgebroken of als cURL een fout geeft, kunt dezelfde opdracht nogmaals geven en dan zal cURL verder gaan met ophalen waar het was gebleven.
Samwise
Captain Naiobi

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 7:24 am    Post subject:

I noticed the following text on the English patch download page (page with mirrors list):

You can download the NeoOffice-2.2.1-Patch-1-PowerPC.dmg file from any of the mirror sites listed below. The download includes both binaries and source code. These sites have limited bandwidth so if you cannot connect, please be patient.

Since the patch installers don't include the source code, I suggest we remove that statement from these pages (may prevent some "why don't you include the source with the patches?" questions).
jgd
Agent Smith

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 8:52 am    Post subject:

And the text is in English on the French page.

Translation without the source code:

Vous pouvez télécharger le fichier NeoOffice-2.2.1-Patch-1-PowerPC.dmg depuis l'un quelconque des sites miroirs indiqués ci-dessous. Ces sites ont une bande passante limitée, donc soyez patient si vous ne pouvez pas vous connecter.

Vous pouvez télécharger le fichier NeoOffice-2.2.1-Patch-1-Intel.dmg depuis l'un quelconque des sites miroirs indiqués ci-dessous. Ces sites ont une bande passante limitée, donc soyez patient si vous ne pouvez pas vous connecter.

Jacqueline
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 12:54 pm    Post subject:

FYI. I have posted both ovvldc's and jgd's translations on the website. I also removed the "this includes the binary and the source" sentence from their translations as well as all of the other existing pages.

Patrick
jgd
Agent Smith

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 1:16 pm    Post subject:

Thanks Patrick, but soyez patient must be written without an "s" as in my previous post. It's a "polite plural" Smile

OK, French is a dreadfully tricky language Rolling Eyes

Jacqueline
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 1:30 pm    Post subject:

jgd wrote:
Thanks Patrick, but soyez patient must be written without an "s" as in my previous post. It's a "polite plural" Smile

OK. I have posted your correction on the website.

Patrick
ovvldc
Captain Naiobi

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 11:53 pm    Post subject:

pluby wrote:
I also removed the "this includes the binary and the source" sentence from their translations as well as all of the other existing pages.

Good call. I was going to suggest that, but I though you had placed it there for license considerations. It is definitely something that could scare end users.

Best wishes,
Oscar

RoyFocker
Oracle

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 3:37 am    Post subject:

Code:
1. Is my Mac a PowerPC or Intel machine?

2. Download for Mac PowerPC machines

3. Download for Mac Intel machines

4. If you only have a slow internet connection, we recommend that you use cURL - a resumable download tool - to complete your download.

1. Mi mac ¿es un PowePC o un Intel?

2. Descarga para ordenadores PowerPC

3. Descarga para ordenadores Intel

4. Si tienes una conexión lenta de Internet, te recomendamos que uses cURL -una herramienta para reiniciar la descarga- para completar la descarga.
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 11:02 am    Post subject:

FYI. I have posted RoyFocker's translations on the website.

Patrick
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Development All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1