Support
· Forums
· NeoOffice Support
· NeoWiki

Announcements
· Twitter @NeoOffice

Downloads
· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - Not sure if this is right forum...
Not sure if this is right forum...

NeoOffice Forum Index -> New Features Program
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lwohlers
Blue Pill

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 11:31 pm    Post subject: Not sure if this is right forum...

...but in the Spreadsheet of NeoOffice when I set the cell format to percent with one decimal place, when I type in ".8", it makes it "80.0%". The only way that I can correct it is to set the cell format to "General", type in "0.8%", after which it automatically puts in two decimal places to make it "0.80%." Then I go back into Format Cell and set it to one decimal place to achieve my desired format. Just bringing it to the attention of the people that know how to fix that kind of stuff.

Lauren
OPENSTEP
The One
The One

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 12:11 am    Post subject:

This replicates in OpenOffice.org and appears to be an issue interpreting input in cells with that formatting not intrepreting leading zeroes.

Good news is that there's an easier workaround than the formatting changing you mentioned: just type the leading zero (e.g. "0.8" instead of ".8"). Works for me in retro and Neo 2.2.1; the cell then gets the correct value rather than 80%.

As to the error when the leading zero is omitted, unfortunately the current scope of the NeoOffice project is limited by resources to keeping a native version of OpenOffice.org running on Mac OS X and fixing OpenOffice.org feature bugs is outside that scope.

You should report the bug in the OpenOffice.org issue tracker to get it on the radar of the core OpenOffice.org developers: http://qa.openoffice.org/issue_handling/pre_submission.html

ed
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> New Features Program All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1