Support
· Forums
· NeoOffice Support
· NeoWiki

Announcements
· Twitter @NeoOffice

Downloads
· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - FYI: NeoOffice 2.2.2 will be released in the next week
FYI: NeoOffice 2.2.2 will be released in the next week

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Development
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 4:10 pm    Post subject: FYI: NeoOffice 2.2.2 will be released in the next week

Yes, that's right. We are putting out a new release of NeoOffice. However, don't get too excited as it will merely be the same as NeoOffice 2.2.1 plus the latest test patch.

While this may seem pointless, the reason we are doing this is because of a new "feature" that we found in Mac OS X's installer tool in the latest Leopard seed. This feature is that the Mac OS X installer tool now deletes files that it considers obsolete before installing any new files. This feature causes our patch and language pack installers to render your /Applications/NeoOffice.app folder unusable. More details about this are in the following bug:

http://bugzilla.neooffice.org/bug.php?op=show&bugid=2650

I have figured out what triggers the Mac OS X installer to do this deleting and have made a minor modification to our main, patch, and language pack installers to avoid this bug. Since Leopard is coming out later this month, Ed and I thought it would be prudent to issue a new release with the fix as well as the many other fixes that we have made so far to NeoOffice 2.2.1.

There won't be an Early Access Program for this release as there isn't anything new that isn't already available in NeoOffice 2.2.1 or its latest test patch.

Patrick
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 8:14 pm    Post subject:

I forgot to mention two details:

1. We will issue NeoOffice 2.2.2 Patch 0 at the same time to allow existing NeoOffice 2.2.1 users the option of upgrading using a patch instead of having to do a full download.

2. We will no longer include the source in the main installer. Due to all of the custom icons, the source tar.gz was adding 16 MB to the download size and given that the very few people care about the source, providing the source via anonymous CVS seems a reasonable change.

Patrick
sardisson
Town Crier
Town Crier

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 10:06 am    Post subject:

pluby wrote:
2. We will no longer include the source in the main installer. Due to all of the custom icons, the source tar.gz was adding 16 MB to the download size and given that the very few people care about the source, providing the source via anonymous CVS seems a reasonable change.

It's probably too late Sad but are you adding a note to the Readme indicating that the source can be found in anoncvs (and/or pointing to the build instructions, which actually tell people how to get the source from anoncvs)?

Smokey

Blue Pill

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 4:57 pm    Post subject:

sardisson wrote:
pluby wrote:

It's probably too late Sad but are you adding a note to the Readme indicating that the source can be found in anoncvs (and/or pointing to the build instructions, which actually tell people how to get the source from anoncvs)?

Smokey

is it for some legal reason?

cause otherwise, someone intending to build openoffice from source should be able to find this info on his own Wink
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 9:30 am    Post subject:

Auria wrote:
sardisson wrote:
pluby wrote:

Smokey

is it for some legal reason?

cause otherwise, someone intending to build openoffice from source should be able to find this info on his own Wink

No, I didn't add any of this to the ReadMe as the Readme already has several links back to the main page at http://www.neooffice.org/neojava/ and all of those pages have a link at the top of the page to Build Instructions.

Patrick
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 11:26 am    Post subject:

FYI. NeoOffice 2.2.2 is now out and an upgrade patch (Neo 2.2.2 Patch 0) is available on the the patch download page.

Also, I updated all of the version and release date templates and text in the NeoWiki in all languages.

Patrick
sardisson
Town Crier
Town Crier

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 11:41 am    Post subject:

pluby wrote:
Also, I updated all of the version and release date templates and text in the NeoWiki in all languages.

I'll get to the "Release Notes" page (and our "friends" the update sites) later today.

But wow, you doing the version/date twiddling saved me a bunch of work! Very Happy

Smokey

Councilperson

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 11:52 am    Post subject:

There is a mistake in the name of the Patch downloading window in French Wink

"NeoOffice téléchargment du dernier correctif"

should be

NeoOffice téléchargement du dernier correctif

The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 12:07 pm    Post subject:

FYI. I have correct all occurrences of "téléchargment" on the website.

Patrick
ovvldc
Captain Naiobi

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 3:22 pm    Post subject:

FYI, I corrected the link to the patch page on the forum announcement, but it was also wrong in the mailing list one.. Oh well, the only thing that can happen is that more people download the whole big one. Inconvenient, but not a showstopper.

Best wishes,
Oscar

OPENSTEP
The One
The One

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 9:06 pm    Post subject:

No big worries. We also put a link to the patch upgrade for 2.2.1 users in the banner at the top of the pages, so hopefully people will see it Smile

ed
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 10:28 pm    Post subject:

OPENSTEP wrote:
No big worries. We also put a link to the patch upgrade for 2.2.1 users in the banner at the top of the pages, so hopefully people will see it Smile

...and I send a correction e-mail to the NeoJUpdate list after I saw ovvldc's post.

Patrick
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Development All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1