Downloads
· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - XY Scatter Plot with multiple series
XY Scatter Plot with multiple series

NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Releases
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sharakan
Blue Pill

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 2:53 pm    Post subject: XY Scatter Plot with multiple series

I've been trying to duplicate a chart that I created with OO on Windows with NeoOffice, and haven't had much luck.

It's a XY scatter graph with multiple data series in it. Based on the content here http://neowiki.neooffice.org/index.php/Plotting_Curves_in_Calc#Plotting_several_curves_on_the_same_chart I would have one column for X, and then two columns for each Y. That doesn't work so well here because each series has different values for X as well as Y. I imagine I could merge all the X values and have two Y columns partially populated, but OO lets me easily define two different data series, each with it's own X and Y data sets.

Am I just missing this feature in NeoOffice, or has it not made it in from OO yet?
OPENSTEP
The One
The One

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 3:41 pm    Post subject:

What version of OOo did you use on Windows to make the chart? NeoOffice has functionality equivalent to OOo 2.2.1. OOo 2.3 has new functionality in the Chart module that may not be in older versions. Neo won't be moving to 2.3 for some time as it is still has issues, but english X11 builds should be available from OOo.

ed
jgd
Agent Smith

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 1:33 am    Post subject:

sharakan,
You can do that in NeoOffice.

You need three columns: X, Y1 and Y2 (for two curves).

In the X column, enter the X values for the first curve, and on the same rows, enter the Y1 values in the Y1 column.

Continue to fill the X column with the X values for the second curve, and on the same rows, enter the Y2 values in the Y2 column.

Then insert a XY chart and choose Cubic Spline.

In the warning dialog "X axis values must be sorted. Sort them now?", click Yes.

Jacqueline
Samwise
Captain Naiobi

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 5:42 am    Post subject:

Moved to NeoOffice Support.
sharakan
Blue Pill

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 8:59 am    Post subject:

OPENSTEP wrote:
What version of OOo did you use on Windows to make the chart? NeoOffice has functionality equivalent to OOo 2.2.1. OOo 2.3 has new functionality in the Chart module that may not be in older versions. Neo won't be moving to 2.3 for some time as it is still has issues, but english X11 builds should be available from OOo.

ed

Quite right, I was using OOo 2.3, so that explains it.

In the meantime I can use the dataset 'merging' approach, it's just not as fast to do new analysis cause I can't think of a good way to do it automatically as I use DataPilot to pivot the two sets by date.

Thanks!
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> NeoOffice Releases All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1