Support
· Forums
· NeoOffice Support
· NeoWiki

Announcements
· Twitter @NeoOffice

Downloads
· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - Writer doesn't remember floating sytlist window position
Writer doesn't remember floating sytlist window position

NeoOffice Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org MacOS X X11 Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hulot
Blue Pill

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 12:55 pm    Post subject: Writer doesn't remember floating sytlist window position

Hi,

recently I ran across this flaw. The writer doesn't remember the floating stylist window position after switching to page preview and back. The window ist always top left. (See help: stylist ,2nd entry -> how to dock and undock the stylist). There is no problem with the floating navigator window.
Can someone confirm this?

Hulot
-----
10.3.5., Apple X11, Java 1.4.2. Update 1
OPENSTEP
The One
The One

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 10:06 pm    Post subject:

Yes, I can confirm that with 1.1.2 and Apple X11 using Quartz WM the floating stylist window position isn't restored properly when entering/exiting Page Preview mode in Writer. Can you file an issue on this in IZ? If that sounds like greek, let me know and I'll go do it. It may be in there already for all I know.

FWIW, I actually use my own 'hacked' OOo that replaces the floating windows with their 1.0.3 implementation where they were just floating palettes in the writer window itself. I find it a much more consistent interface Smile

ed
Hulot
Blue Pill

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 1:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Issue on this in IZ?

OPENSTEP wrote:
Can you file an issue on this in IZ? If that sounds like greek, let me know and I'll go do it.

Hi,

it really sounds geek. What is IZ?
Please do it for me.

thanks
Hulot
ovvldc
Captain Naiobi

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 3:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Issue on this in IZ?

Hulot wrote:
Please do it for me.

It means Issuezilla, the bug tracking system used for OO.org.
But you're right. Ed had better file it Smile.

Which reminds me, I also have something I noticed:

When I load and convert an Excel document and save as HTML and the Calc document has cells in it with line breaks, these line breaks are not implemented in the HTML code.

This seems like a general OOo bug rather than something on NeoOffice/J specific because the X11 version also does it. I might also have found a bug in default file formats, but I will investigate what circumstances trigger it before I go into more detail.

Best wishes,
Oscar
Terry Teague

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 12:43 am    Post subject: Re: Issue on this in IZ?

ovvldc wrote:
Hulot wrote:
Please do it for me.

It means Issuezilla, the bug tracking system used for OO.org.
But you're right. Ed had better file it Smile.

There seems to be a bunch of known issues with the position of the Stylist and Navigator windows. You might want to check the following (there are probably plenty more, but I stopped looking) :

http://qa.openoffice.org/issues/show_bug.cgi?id=27708
http://qa.openoffice.org/issues/show_bug.cgi?id=28515
http://qa.openoffice.org/issues/show_bug.cgi?id=33660

If you do write up a bug report, please be very specific in the description of the steps to reproduce the problem.

Regards, Terry
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org MacOS X X11 Support All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1