Downloads
· Download NeoOffice

NeoOffice :: View topic - Problem downloading a language pack
Problem downloading a language pack

NeoOffice Forum Index -> Server Outages
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cbramich
Blue Pill

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 3:50 am    Post subject: Problem downloading a language pack

Hi,

I'm having problems downloading the British English language pack for NeoOffice at http://www.neooffice.org/neojava/en/langpackdownload.php

I can download one of the other language packs (eg. Bulgarian Mac PPC takes me to the mirrors list), but the British English PPC one takes me straight back to the main Downloads page.

As an aside, do these language packs change between sub-versions of NeoOffice ? (eg. from 2.2.2 to 2.2.3 ?)

Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; PPC Mac OS X Mach-O; en-GB; rv:1.8.1.12) Gecko/20080201 Firefox/2.0.0.12
OS X 10.4.11 PPC

Thanks,

C Bramich
cbramich
Blue Pill

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 5:41 am    Post subject: Language packs in sub-versions

Quote:
As an aside, do these language packs change between sub-versions of NeoOffice ? (eg. from 2.2.2 to 2.2.3 ?)

I have just seen the thread in http://trinity.neooffice.org/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=5677

where this question is answered, thanks. It depends on the underlying OOo codebase version.

CB
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 9:00 am    Post subject: Re: Problem downloading a language pack

cbramich wrote:
I'm having problems downloading the British English language pack for NeoOffice at http://www.neooffice.org/neojava/en/langpackdownload.php

I can download one of the other language packs (eg. Bulgarian Mac PPC takes me to the mirrors list), but the British English PPC one takes me straight back to the main Downloads page.

FYI. This is now fixed. It was an bug in my web code that affected any language packs with more than one word in their language name.

cbramich wrote:

There is no difference between the 2.2.1, 2.2.2, and 2.2.3 language packs. So, if you installed a language pack in 2.2.1 or 2.2.2, the 2.2.3 installer will leave it there and you will not need to reinstall it.

Patrick
cbramich
Blue Pill

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 10:07 am    Post subject:

Thanks for the very prompt service.

CB
amayze
The Merovingian

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 11:13 am    Post subject: Re: Problem downloading a language pack

cbramich wrote:

Please be aware that the British English Language Pack is fairly badly broken. Due to a problem with the fallback mechanism used by OOo for coping with un-translated menu items you will find some menu items are blank using the British English LP. The pdf export dialogue is particularly badly affected. This may be fixed in OOo 2.4, but it beyond the scope of the NeoOffice Project.

I strongly suggest putting up with "colors" for the sake of usability - you can still set the Locale to UK English, just not the Interface language.

Techie bit. OOo uses fallbacks to display menu items. So in theory no blanks should appear, however it can't currently cope with countries only languages. eg.

If you use the French Langauge pack it does

fr -> en (where en is in fact en-US)

If you're French Canadian, it should do

fr-CA -> fr -> en

but currently does

fr-CA -> en

and if you are British it should do

en-GB -> en

but instead does

en-GB -> nothing resulting in blank menu items!

HtH

Andy
cbramich
Blue Pill

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 1:26 am    Post subject:

Thanks for that, Andy. I'll keep a close eye out for it.

CB
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> Server Outages All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1