multiple page view

NeoOffice Forum Index -> New Features Program
View previous topic :: View next topic  
valterb
The Anomaly
(earlier version)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 5:04 pm    Post subject: multiple page view

I've seen this.

Is there any chance to integrate this feature from the coming OOo 3 version in NeoOffice before the due date Wink

Valter
pluby
The Architect
The Architect

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 5:27 pm    Post subject:

Sorry but no. These are not light, bolt-on features but are changes to the OpenOffice.org core code. We are planning on doing an upgrade to the OOo 3.0 code in the next Early Access Program in summer of this year.

One thing to note is that OpenOffice.org 3.0 is not even in Beta yet. Even OpenOffice.org 2.4 has not been released yet. So, it is a bit earlier to be even talking about using OpenOffice.org 3.0 code in NeoOffice at this time.

Patrick
OPENSTEP
The One
The One

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 5:34 pm    Post subject:

As Patrick mentioned, we have all full intention of doing serious development on top of the OOo 3.0 codebase. We intend to fit our battle-tested Mac OS X code, leveraging five years of debugging and performance improvements to continue making the best open source office suite for the Mac. At the same time we will be adapting our Neo-specific improvements to run with the new codebase, fixing Mac bugs in OOo itself, and developing new features.

Once the code for OOo 3.0 stabilizes, we'll start looking at it. While I won't discount the possibility, we most likely won't be backporting any features unless we find 3.0 is a real pile come a few months from now.

The multiple page view will come in time, but we pride stability over all else so we'll all just need to be patient during the development process. Sorry for stumping, but sometimes I need to psych myself up too Smile

ed
yoxi
Cipher

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 12:43 am    Post subject:

I got all excited for a moment there - I thought this was going to be the much-longed-for split screen functionality everyone misses from MSOffice. But still, it's neat - and very good to see a zoom slider too.

Does anyone know if there's a page to read about other upcoming OOo v3 features?

- padmavyuha

*edit* just found this page
yoxi
Cipher

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 1:20 am    Post subject:

I've just been playing around with a dev build of the v3 aqua - the multiple page thing definitely still needs some polishing! In the example below, clicking on the + in the zoom bar takes the doc from 36% to 41% zoom, and as you can see, in the 2nd screenshot there is a definite malfunction...

Still, it'll be cool when we finally get a stable version of it in NeoOffice - in one mode it automatically adjusts how many pages it shows across depending on window width and zoom level, and having the zoom slider/clicker in the status bar is a great time-saver.
valterb
The Anomaly
(earlier version)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 10:42 am    Post subject:

Mine, was not a real request...Embarassed

Not being a software developer I can only imagine the amount of work that has to be done to achive a stable software as NeoOffice is, and how many lines of code have to be written to insert a new functionality. I only had an hope that multiple page view in edit mode was an "add-on" to OOo code, similar to something we have from ooo-build and that you two guys have brought to us.
Take the time you need, I'm glad to know that in a near future we will have this long waited feature.

Valter
valterb
The Anomaly
(earlier version)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 10:44 am    Post subject:

yoxi wrote:
Does anyone know if there's a page to read about other upcoming OOo v3 features?

- padmavyuha

Possibly this and this
could be usefull too.

And this is the roadmap.

Valter
   NeoOffice Forum Index -> New Features Program All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1